lowrance active target sonar

blueball

looks pretty good and should pair well with carbon and live mfd screens. has an 18 degree sonar so should be a wee bit better resolution than livescope.

Looks like they may have got it right this time,now just wonder what humminbirds is gonna look

WTM

i dont know but something seems funny between lowrance and garmin's timing on their patent swap agreements a couple of years ago. i wouldnt be surprised if garmin announces another "new and improved" livescope in the near future. im just speculating though.

blueball

i dont know but something seems funny between lowrance and garmin's timing on their patent swap agreements a couple of years ago. i wouldnt be surprised if garmin announces another "new and improved" livescope in the near future. im just speculating though.
Yep,its time for garmin to bring something new out.Its gonna be hard to get much better than what they have now.To wide a beam no good,to narrow i believe is no good.Right now if i had to guess at the end of a 14ft pole you are probally seeing 18-24 in wide area.If the beam is to narrow it becomes harder to track your lure and fish.

WTM

Yep,its time for garmin to bring something new out.Its gonna be hard to get much better than what they have now.To wide a beam no good,to narrow i believe is no good.Right now if i had to guess at the end of a 14ft pole you are probally seeing 18-24 in wide area.If the beam is to narrow it becomes harder to track your lure and fish.
yeah the closer to the boat the narrower the beam angle. at half power point of range is where the actual 20 degree measurement can be taken and beam width is 1/3 of distance. imagine looking at the outline of a football, that is about what the imaging waveform looks like.

WTM

You havent saw the carp on 360 and livescope would be a waste on kylake
ok then. how about 3d, kind of like fish eye mode except with livescope. maybe call it 3DHD. probably would need an extra wide sonar signal though but it would be like you were under the water looking forward or down. could see more area and pinooint exactly where your lures hit. :)

blueball

ok then. how about 3d, kind of like fish eye mode except with livescope. maybe call it 3DHD. probably would need an extra wide sonar signal though but it would be like you were under the water looking forward or down. could see more area and pinooint exactly where your lures hit. :)
That might work,you can see schools of bait and carp on the humminbird 360.You can follow bait balls with it if you can keep up.I think i have only saw a couple schools of crappie in the last 6yrs.Bream schooled up look just like bait,stripe will look like a fence post in the water when they school most of the time and small crappie schooled will also look like bait/bream schooled.Early this year ever piece of structure looked like it was covered with bait,i finally downsized my bait and started catching small crappie.If they survived it should be good when they reach keeper size.

TNReb

I wound up selling my 360 Mega and going back to LiveScope.

I'm curious how the Active Target will look since all of my other units are Lowrance.

Jmed

As a lowrance guy, with a lowrance system, Im sure glad I held off on the garmin this year

sll

It is amazing how much the technology of these units have advanced the last several years. Before long it will be like turning on a TV and seeing actual images and not have to guess-timate at size or species.

Latest posts