Lots of talk about Richt resigning ...

TreyB

Doubt he would resign... But if they somehow beat UF yes they will win the east.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":2vjrsnig said:
at the end of the season.

I see a bounce back game for the pups this week. In fact, they win the East if they win out.

Doubt that they will win out with UF, AUB, and Mizzo left. GA has some issues now with Chubbs out for the season.

Deerbuster1996

I see the GA and Florida game being very good. But I f GA let Dobbs run and pass all over then then Harris should have no problem doing to them.
I hope Richt stays, he never makes excuses when the team loses. He has always had GA being in top 25

farmin68

UGA alumni and boosters do more to keep their program below its potential then any at most any other school. That state is always loaded with talent, but UGA rarely puts it to good use.

farmin68

PalsPal":17t80hm2 said:
I really hope he doesn't leave. Having Skinny Fulmer there helps TN.

I don't think it matters so long as the same culture with so much behind-the-scenes influence remains active.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":1sjcxdgy said:

I see a bounce back game for the pups this week. In fact, they win the East if they win out.

I'm not sure that the Dawgs want to get rid of a coach that avg. over 9 wins a season, the last 7 yrs.... :tu:

Vermin93

farmin68":3keqdpma said:
UGA alumni and boosters do more to keep their program below its potential then any at most any other school. That state is always loaded with talent, but UGA rarely puts it to good use.

There are some similarities with the University of Texas.

Gravey

gator-n-buck":12mlyy12 said:
PalsPal":12mlyy12 said:

I'm not sure that the Dawgs want to get rid of a coach that avg. over 9 wins a season, the last 7 yrs.... :tu:
Yeah all they have to do is ask the Vol fans that wanted Fulmer gone. I think he underperformed with the talent he had but look where that got us punting him.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":1oxkkhpp said:
gator-n-buck":1oxkkhpp said:

Mmm, you do know what RESIGN means, right :D ?

I do but sometimes resign is a nice way of leaving before you get fired or they run you off....... :tu:

Maybe I can help you split hairs...... Was Coach Fulmer fired or did he resign??? Coach Fulmer had a press conference where he stepped down/resigned but we all know that's not really what happened..... :D How about Martin, UT's basketball coach??? He resigned but we all know the fans ran him out of town.

There's no reason for Richt to resign unless he finds another job or they run him off. Of course there's not many jobs better than Georgia.... :shock:

farmin68

Vermin93":1tdcc423 said:
farmin68":1tdcc423 said:

There are some similarities with the University of Texas.

And USC. Heard Fulmer say that some of the crap Tee Martin and other staff have to deal with out there is absolutely stupid.

PalsPal

gator-n-buck":1fqgd062 said:
I do but sometimes resign is a nice way of leaving before you get fired or they run you off.......

LOL, not in this case. The rumor is he might do something mission related. You know, on his own. Tired of the crap, etc.

You're welcome btw :D !

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":gmrg0r2t said:
gator-n-buck":gmrg0r2t said:
I do but sometimes resign is a nice way of leaving before you get fired or they run you off.......

LOL, not in this case. The rumor is he might do something mission related. You know, on his own. Tired of the crap, etc.

You're welcome btw :D !

This rumor had been flying around for yrs and made up by crazy fans. These fans are no different than the ones that wanted to fire CBJ and bench Dobbs a couple weeks ago. Now the same fans are back on their jocks. These fans are very emotional and their feeling change after each game.... :rotf:

here's an article from 2014.....

http://onlineathens.com/sports/college- ... nddaughter

"While he didn't promise to remain Georgia's football coach until he was a great grandfather, Richt on Thursday at SEC Media Days made it sound like he's not planning on going anywhere anytime soon.

"Some people come to me and say, 'Coach, whenever you retire, we think you're going to go off and do mission work and stuff like that," Richt said. "I say, 'There's not a greater mission than college athletics than being the head coach of the University of Georgia. There's so many young men that we get to touch their lives and the people they influence. It's a mission in itself, really. Katharyn and I were talking the other day. There is no greater mission than what we're doing right now."

BTW... Thanks for the breaking news.... :)

Latest posts