looking for one man pontoon drift boat

hornsdonteat

if anyone has or knows anyone that has or a website that has a inflatable pontoon boat (Fly Fishing) please let me know! :tu: :tu:

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I actually have one.
Bought it very slightly used from a guy that was moving last year.
Thought I would use it alot.
It is still in my shop.
Can't remember the name of it though.

CATCHDAWG

Mine is a Skagget or something like that? Bought it off Amazon for under $400. I've had it several years with no issues and that's being used in rough waters, mostly the Hiawassee and Ocoee rivers.

Blackdog416

We have two different brands that I use for work purposes. One is an older model Aire 8' cat-a-raft model the other is an older Buck's Bag's 8' model. Of the two I like the Aire model best. It's weight with the pontoons and a little gear is around 56 lbs. I use it on rivers/ streams to access portions of the water that flow thru long stretches of private property. The big differences I see is the quality of the oar locks and the toughness of the pontoons outer material and quality air bladders. You get what you pay for.
We chose the 8' models purely as a weight savings issue over the 9' models. We didn't need the extra pontoon length hence extra weight. Easier to drag thru shallow water and pick up and carry for short portages. We use them on mid sized streams, both spring creeks and freestone rivers with mild gradients. I have run them thru spring whitewater run-off.

It would be a great tool for fishing. Several of our locals saw us using them over the last 18 years and now we see them out on the river in theirs.

bigluresonly

RUGER":3kv5pttb said:
I actually have one.
It is still in my shop.
I remember when you got that and were making modifications to it or something. Have you ever used it?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
bigluresonly":88h8r7kn said:
RUGER":88h8r7kn said:
I actually have one.
It is still in my shop.
I remember when you got that and were making modifications to it or something. Have you ever used it?

I think what the deal was, when I got it I was in the middle of making mods to my fishing boat.
No, never have used it.
It is still laying where I put it when I got it.

Between my hip surgery and little stint in ccu my fishing time was severely cut short last year.

I would love to use it on the Caney some day, but I need alot of practice in it before I try that. LOL
Need to just sell it I guess.