Looking at doing my first elk/mule deer hunt next?

hunter drew

So needing some info. My father in law lives out in northern AZ. And is wanting me to come out next year. But I haven't really looked into it. Was hoping ya could help me out and answer some question for the guys that been out there

Is it a draw hunt for an elk tag.

Is it a draw hunt for a mule deer tag

Is a 270 big enough caliber for elk.

And any suggestion ya can give throw it at me lol

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
I think AZ is draw for Elk but I not 100% positive on that. I would get online the game dept in AZ and start reading and asking questions for stuff you don't see or understand.

270 is plenty of gun for Elk, I wouldn't use another gun if I was comfortable with the 270.

Do you reload?
I would recommend a good bullet. But more important is shot placement.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Might be mistaken but, I believe to put in for the deer draw, the license is nonrefundable there also. Az isnt much of a place to go hunting on a budget.

hunter drew

UPSman said:
Might be mistaken but, I believe to put in for the deer draw, the license is nonrefundable there also. Az isnt much of a place to go hunting on a budget.

Thanks bro...Seems like they like the cash...I will look into it, he sees elk and mule deer all the time....I would love to kill one, one day I will

megalomaniac

make sure if you go to visit you take thier hunter's safety course while you're there... it'll give you an extra point in their draw every year if you decide to put in.

Latest posts