lol, between the flooding

NumberOne

I love fishing during the winter but its hard to get good conditions during the winter. Between the flooding that causes a lot of current and muddy water. You also get a lot of north winds with cold fronts which makes it brutal on KY lake. When you get a warm day its usually involves a strong south wind.

UCStandSitter

I love fishing during the winter but its hard to get good conditions during the winter. Between the flooding that causes a lot of current and muddy water. You also get a lot of north winds with cold fronts which makes it brutal on KY lake. When you get a warm day its usually involves a strong south wind.
Wind is usually the toughest thing for me to deal with this time of year in my boat. I have a stock trolling motor on my Tracker 175 and since the boat is so light and the trolling motor isn't super beefy, I blow all over the place.

Gravey

around here it is jet skis and wake boats. wish they would ban the wake boats, they do more damage than 1000 bass boats
Hate the wake boats. Most have no respect for anyone
Whoa now…don't lump all wake boats into the same category. I grew up fishing with my grandad and still go with a buddy a few times a year and for every a-hole in a wake boat there's an equal a-hole in a bass boat. When we surf I head for big water away from the coves and shoreline and try to stay away from any other boats as much as possible. When we anchor down in a cove I've had fisherman come so close to me I could have jumped in their boat. It's a 2-way street and because I do both I get both sides. A little common sense and courtesy go a long way.

Headhunter

Whoa now…don't lump all wake boats into the same category. I grew up fishing with my grandad and still go with a buddy a few times a year and for every a-hole in a wake boat there's an equal a-hole in a bass boat. When we surf I head for big water away from the coves and shoreline and try to stay away from any other boats as much as possible. When we anchor down in a cove I've had fisherman come so close to me I could have jumped in their boat. It's a 2-way street and because I do both I get both sides. A little common sense and courtesy go a long way.
I agree except for one thing, for the most part if a fishing boat goes by at decent rate of speed, he may make noise but the wakes are not going to bother anything. A wake boat goes by, hopefully you can stay in the boat, the wakes created by those things should be illegal.

Gravey

I agree except for one thing, for the most part if a fishing boat goes by at decent rate of speed, he may make noise but the wakes are not going to bother anything. A wake boat goes by, hopefully you can stay in the boat, the wakes created by those things should be illegal.
That's why I said I go to the big water when we surf. As far as them being made illegal you're entitled to that opinion. I disagree. Again it goes back to having some common sense and showing some courtesy for others on the lake regardless of what you're doing on the lake. Contrary to some opinions it's not just for fisherman.

Headhunter

That's why I said I go to the big water when we surf. As far as them being made illegal you're entitled to that opinion. I disagree. Again it goes back to having some common sense and showing some courtesy for others on the lake regardless of what you're doing on the lake. Contrary to some opinions it's not just for fisherman.
Ageed but there aren't many places on most, if not all lakes in Tennessee that are big enough for them. Those wake boats create wakes that are dangerous for most everyone and every boat but them, and I include the gigantic cruisers that running around on lakes, even on Priest. The wakes never get smaller, they wreak havoc not only on docks but the shoreline also. The wakes created by them can create issues hundreds of yards away from the boat that create them. Yes they should be illegal on all but the largest of lakes and then they should be limited to certain areas.

Also, there is a law that each boat is responsible for its wake and any damage it creates. If this was enforced, as it should be, I bet there would be fewer wake boats on many lakes.

Crow Terminator

Lack of respect is universal across the lakes and rivers. However, the pleasure riders are much worse. I've had fishermen come in on top of me but I haven't ever had a fishing boat circle me and make back/forth passes just to tick me off. Pleasure riders though take joy in doing that though…commonly. On the lake you can find places to get away from them. On rivers like the Hiwassee….you just have to load up and leave.

Gravey

Ageed but there aren't many places on most, if not all lakes in Tennessee that are big enough for them. Those wake boats create wakes that are dangerous for most everyone and every boat but them, and I include the gigantic cruisers that running around on lakes, even on Priest. The wakes never get smaller, they wreak havoc not only on docks but the shoreline also. The wakes created by them can create issues hundreds of yards away from the boat that create them. Yes they should be illegal on all but the largest of lakes and then they should be limited to certain areas.

Also, there is a law that each boat is responsible for its wake and any damage it creates. If this was enforced, as it should be, I bet there would be fewer wake boats on many lakes.
We get a few months to play on the water and the fishermen can use it all 12. Get over it! 😜🤣

CATCHDAWG

Lack of respect is universal across the lakes and rivers. However, the pleasure riders are much worse. I've had fishermen come in on top of me but I haven't ever had a fishing boat circle me and make back/forth passes just to tick me off. Pleasure riders though take joy in doing that though…commonly. On the lake you can find places to get away from them. On rivers like the Hiwassee….you just have to load up and leave.
Welcome back.

Latest posts