Locked gate at wma

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckhunter50

Ok my question got locked...now I'll speak my mind, I'm a license ...lifetime by the way...hunter and I can't get access to a wma I paid good money to hunt on because of what ever reason.....who knows...I know it's not right to close off the wma during any part of hunting season for what ever reason....if dumping going on then it needs patrolled. ...if it was the freeze n thaw..that's over....i just wonder if this goes on all across the state..

scn

This forum is for asking TWRA questions. The other forums are open for opinions.

Road closures happen all across the state. Such closures are routine on the Cherokee WMA and Catoosa. Unfortunately, TWRA doesn't have a large enough budget to redo roads every year. And, in many cases, TWRA doesn't even own the WMA where the roads are being closed.

The freeze and thaw cycle won't be over until the freezing temps leave in the spring. It isn't a daily open or close decision.

Here is the link concerning the road closures at Mt. Roosevelt: http://fox17.com/news/local/twra-closes ... al-dumping

You can contact your regional office to lodge your complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts