Biking in at Cheatham WMA

notgreg

This question might be too specific to Cheatham WMAs regs to catch an answer in this forum, but I'm wondering: can you use a bicycle for access on the roads in Cheatham WMA that are closed to motor vehicles?

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Good question i have wondered this myself. The signs I've seen say foot traffic only, so Not sure if bikes are allowed.

tahtah

I do for scouting. I asked and got the "ok" from the previous manager, but haven't asked the current manager. I have seen him and talked to him (not about biking) after riding out on my bike and he didn't seem to think anything about it. Like mentioned, it might be worth a call. Also, if you are new to Cheatham, they will open many of those gates before the season starts, allowing you to drive in further, usually to within about a mile from the end of the gated road.

notgreg

I do for scouting. I asked and got the "ok" from the previous manager, but haven't asked the current manager. I have seen him and talked to him (not about biking) after riding out on my bike and he didn't seem to think anything about it. Like mentioned, it might be worth a call. Also, if you are new to Cheatham, they will open many of those gates before the season starts, allowing you to drive in further, usually to within about a mile from the end of the gated road.
Thanks, that's good to know. I scouted a couple times last summer but ended up hunting elsewhere. Everything was still gated at that point.