Livescope - Minnkota Maxxum Mounting?

BDS05

I'm trashing a Motorguide and looking at going to a Minnkota Maxxum. The fin on these two trolling motor barrels are in different locations - front vs back. On the Minnkota, the transducer will have to be behind the fin. Will this cause problems? I plan on mounting directly to the barrel… picture of the old Motorguide setup…

Attachments

• IMG_3875.jpeg
    IMG_3875.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 48

bluball

Most came with a trolling motor shaft and barrel mount.Robert carlise runs his on the barrel like in your pic.He actually prefers it there,guy i work for sponsors him.Hes won a couple crappie championships and really good livescoper.We have also mounted 2 livescopes on some boats,one on the barrel and one on the shaft with no problems.

BDS05

Most came with a trolling motor shaft and barrel mount.Robert carlise runs his on the barrel like in your pic.He actually prefers it there,guy i work for sponsors him.Hes won a couple crappie championships and really good livescoper.We have also mounted 2 livescopes on some boats,one on the barrel and one on the shaft with no problems.
Thank you. Perhaps I'm over thinking it. I just don't see how the fin on the barrel wouldn't effect the transducer behind it.

Attachments

• IMG_3883.png
    IMG_3883.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 34

East TN Bowhunter

I'm trashing a Motorguide and looking at going to a Minnkota Maxxum. The fin on these two trolling motor barrels are in different locations - front vs back. On the Minnkota, the transducer will have to be behind the fin. Will this cause problems? I plan on mounting directly to the barrel… picture of the old Motorguide setup…
I have an lvs34 mounted directly to the barrel of TM and it is a 10 yr old minnekota and has a fin on the bottom of barrel. I have no problems with it whatsoever and picture is great with no interference or issues at all. I have took the boat out 3 times since installing it and I have caught 7, 10, and 6 crappie in just a few hours each time so I know it works lol

Latest posts