Lifetime sportsman license holders....

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Saw this on a duck hunting page on the book of face.
Don't know if it is factual or not but I figure it is. :mad:

All you Lifetime Sportsman License holders, get ready to have to buy a Migratory Bird Permit type 006 in order to draw for a Season Long Blind. That doesn't seem right, with the regular Sportsman you get the 007 Migratory Bird Permit for free. To me it is more about principal than money. Go TN Outdoors will probably charge more of a fee to process it than the permit!
What happened that the Lifetime Sportsman was all inclusive and nothing additional to apply for quota hunts?
There are several groups that will need it to draw that have never had to have it before. Senior License & Military is also included.

Levee Jumper

I certainly could be wrong, but sounds like fake news.

I went to apply and it said free (lifetime sportsman license). I however logged someone on that doesn't have a current Combo hunt/fish (1) license and it stated that they had to buy the $36 license in order to apply. It did not give the option to just pay $13 to apply like it did last year.

Levee Jumper

Actually, you may be on to something. Im getting a I don't have the required permit BS now.

Who know this this crap......

ImThere

Wouldn't surprise me. You buy a lifetime lic they use the money. The need more money so they come up with opportunities that the lifetime lic don't cover. Typical scheme

Omega

I know my military one does not cover permits, just licenses according to TWRA, so anything labeled "Permit" I have to purchase separately.

Levee Jumper

Looks like a way to cull non residents with a lifetime sportsman license.
Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 7.57.31 AM.png

TAFKAP

Saw this on a duck hunting page on the book of face.
Don't know if it is factual or not but I figure it is. :mad:

All you Lifetime Sportsman License holders, get ready to have to buy a Migratory Bird Permit type 006 in order to draw for a Season Long Blind. That doesn't seem right, with the regular Sportsman you get the 007 Migratory Bird Permit for free. To me it is more about principal than money. Go TN Outdoors will probably charge more of a fee to process it than the permit!
What happened that the Lifetime Sportsman was all inclusive and nothing additional to apply for quota hunts?
There are several groups that will need it to draw that have never had to have it before. Senior License & Military is also included.

Maybe it's just a way to make sure the Federal Migratory Bird Permit is valid and up to date.....doesn't cost anything for a Sportsman License Holder, and with the year-round license type available now, everyone needs to make sure theirs is valid. Mine expires 6/2023

Coltens

Interesting, I have the lifetime license and will be putting in for the duck blind drawing. I guess will see what it tells me when I try to enter.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Annual Sportsman't license holder will have to renew July 1 for Migratory bird 007. Should still be free, but the feds didn't have a framework to allow 18 months on it when TN decided on year long license.

TAFKAP

My license card (004 Annual Sportsman) shows my (007 - free MBP for a Type 004 holder) indicates the Migratory Bird Permit expires tomorrow June 30.

So I went to check it online, and it's added another year to my validity. And the Region 1 office confirmed a 2023 date for my 007.

Weird

Omega

Because it's a Federal Survey that's specific to each state. Free to add to a Sportsman, but I think it's $1 for processing onto a piecemeal license. It also doesn't cross state lines, so you have to add one in each state you're bird hunting.
Ok, makes sense.

GUNNERX2

From the hunting regs of 2021-22, a lifetime license holder is not required to have a 007 permit but is highly encouraged. Others that are not required to have a migratory bird permit are landowners hunting on their own land, disabled veterans, TN residents 65 years old or older, TN residents 13 years old or younger, military personal on leave or furlough with leave papers.
I haven't seen any of this year's regulations in print or on line (but I haven't looked either).

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I just checked my card and online to purchase, card says June 30, 2022 expiration, online shows June 30, 2023