Leupold Sorry Customer Service

BagOGuts

Ok, if you look on the net, Leupold is second to none. I have a suck situation. My cap fell off my binoculars...the eye relief cap. I called Leupold. They will replace it free, but you have to send it in. I told them I would buy it...I don't want to send my binocs in. The jerk refused...would not even let me buy the cap. All the dude would do is pop it on the binoculars. That really pissed me off. The dude is Charlie Sunderland and I promised him a lousy blog. Leupold will probably go down hill like the rest of the companies. Grrrrrrr.

280longshot

Sounds like they want to make sure you are missing one. That must be a common problem, same thing happened to me on my Burris binos.

deerhunter10

They have an outstanding customer service. And that is there policy about warranty, but i am sure if you get someone reasonable on the phone they will get you set up. Id call again.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I had a redfield rangerfinder. Wouldn't range dark objects in the middle of the day. It was over a year old. Called them and they said no problem send it in. A lil over a week later a new one showed up at my door. Same problem. Called them again. Again sent it in. Get a call a couple days ago and they are sending me a new Leupold RX600i. I consider that good service!!
Call back and speak with someone else.
They'll make it right.

randy

I know sometimes a manufacturer will want a product sent back for a few reasons. A couple I can think of would be to refit a redesigned eye piece, or to see why it failed in the first place.

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
Brunton ain't that way. I have a pair of their epoch series binocs and I called them and told them my son dropped my set and now I was seeing double. They mailed a new pair out and said send in broke pair with return label and box new pair came in...then I broke one lens covers and the others kept popping off so I called and told them I was having trouble. they sent me a new set of flip up covers and a soft cover they sell to try out....turned out the first set was missing a little bump on the ring that snaps them in. I called and told them I didn't need the soft cover and they told me to just keep it anyhow, just incase....

With that said. Leupold has always been good to me on my scopes.

Mike Belt

They couldn't be that pricey. Call back and order a couple. Surely they'll sell parts. I always keep a couple spares during the season because I'll generally lose one and that way I have an immediate fix.

Tar12

Did you ask why they could not just sell you the cap? If no answer is forth coming then ask to speak to his supervisor.My experience has always been stellar customer service! I needed a new dial for a scope.The rep. explained how to replace it and I had it in 2 days.They have always been pleaseant and helpful.You may have got a hold of someone having a bad hair day.

Frank G

I�m surprised to read you had a problem with Leupold. Suggest you call back and speak to the supervisor of the service department. I have had a couple of �minor� items over the past couple of years; no question about the service provided �� one of the best. Leupold service did a follow up call to be sure if parts were received. With the top of the line service reputation the Leupold folks have they would welcome a call if someone or department acted less then professional.

Boone 58

BagOGuts said:
Ok, if you look on the net, Leupold is second to none. I have a suck situation. My cap fell off my binoculars...the eye relief cap. I called Leupold. They will replace it free, but you have to send it in. I told them I would buy it...I don't want to send my binocs in. The jerk refused...would not even let me buy the cap. All the dude would do is pop it on the binoculars. That really pissed me off. The dude is Charlie Sunderland and I promised him a lousy blog. Leupold will probably go down hill like the rest of the companies. Grrrrrrr.

I have had the best of service with them. I was hunting a few years back on opening day of the rifle season and my leupold 3x9x40 var X II. fogged.....i panicked and on Monday morning sent it next day to their plant in Oregon i believe.....with desperate note of "the rut is about to pop i need it back asap please!!!! Well i figured it got there on tues as scheduled and repaired because on friday the day after thanksgiving...just 5 days after mailing i received it back completely repaired!!!! That is A+++++++++++ service my friend!!! Sorry you werent happy with his offer. you are like many customers today, you want it repaired, but your way. Warranties dont work that way and with all due respect you refused the only thing they asked of you to do. Why?......i agree with you in reason....however he asked you to send it in and you refused a reasonable request. Read your warranty, it never said you would not have to do someting to get something reasonable in return. i dont see his request as unreasonable. just my opinion and i am not trying to be harsh. but i think it was a reasonable request. :)

Latest posts