Lease Member Etiquette Question?

bowriter

R.I.P.
Answer seems real simple to me. refund their money and send them down the road.

But-something I'm a little unclear about. Are the food plots on their land or the lease land? If they are on their land, they are 100% within their rights.

They put up their money on the lease, they get to hunt anywhere they want. That is what they payed for. You did not pay a dime to help with their food plots. Ergo, you have no right to hunt them.

I would sure not let them back on the lease next year but unless you kick them off, you have no right to complain. You just got suckered.

prerunner

If I paid money for a lease, I would hunt any part of the leased property and not worry about where their food plots are located (I would not go on their property at all). The locals will be hunting your part of the lease during the week when you are not there. Just tell them thanks for the food plots when you get a big deer from your leased property.

lpo1981

The food plots in question are on the leased land and not there personal property. And I'm in complete agreeance that anyone on the property is entitiled to hunt where they want as we all paid the same dues. The problem is that these guys will fight you if you show up on the part of the lease with there food plots and try to hunt it yet they will trace all over it and do whatever they please and then say well you can't hunt our foodplots cause that's there time and money into it but they will setup around our feeders and spots on the other end and then say well those feeders and such aren't equal to our food plots so we can hunt them. Last time I checked my bank account my feeders and trail cameras cost me time and money just as there food plot did them.. boils down to they want to have there cake and eat it to...

bowriter

R.I.P.
Just how inthe size of Grandma's boil did they get to put food plots onleased property and you can't hunt it? That is just way too dumb from all corners.

As for them fighting, chootem.

Seriously, I would hunt whereever I want on the lease, fight or no fight. Since the food plots are the problem, plow them under at you expense.

See, that's the trouble with a lease. I'll bet, since you are not local and they are, you lose the lease nextr year and they hunt it free.

MUP

Just caught the tail end of this discussion, but seems that a meeting of all lease members is in order, and the owners included, then straighten it out once and for all, or demand a refund of your lease dues, pro-rated if necessary, and find another place to hunt,imo of course.

de novo

There are three sides to every story but based on your post it is way past time to tell them to be go be jack wagons somewhere else. Double standards do not work.

KPH

Got in deal simler to this had two guys who would come to the lease and do things like but in food plots without anyone elses knowledge the tell the rest of us we owed them and was lazey because we where there when they where. I was the one who left. Now I am on on lease with two people I have known for a long time and get along very well.

JeepKuntry

Prime example of why there has to rules/guidelines. Personally, hunt anywhere on that lease that you want. Be respectful, if somebody beats you there, quietly move along.

mathews338

lpo1981 said:
The food plots in question are on the leased land and not there personal property. And I'm in complete agreeance that anyone on the property is entitiled to hunt where they want as we all paid the same dues. The problem is that these guys will fight you if you show up on the part of the lease with there food plots and try to hunt it yet they will trace all over it and do whatever they please and then say well you can't hunt our foodplots cause that's there time and money into it but they will setup around our feeders and spots on the other end and then say well those feeders and such aren't equal to our food plots so we can hunt them. Last time I checked my bank account my feeders and trail cameras cost me time and money just as there food plot did them.. boils down to they want to have there cake and eat it to...
if they set foot on my part then you can bet your butt i would hunt their part and if a fight is what they wanted then they would have it. you could kick them off but sounds like they would just hunt anyways when your not there to keep them from it so i would find another spot away from them suckers.

turk870

lease is over 1600 acres paper company land.with the guys causing the prob.its always somthing every year.ive been on this lease for 10yrs except for the 3yrs we lost it because the group of guys(that these problem guys was with)wanted it all to them the main guy over the lease at that time was also a guide,but he didnt guide on this property.these guys set him up by telling the paper co.he was guiding on this property and having them call his guide service number.anyway after they got it they had it a few yrs and the guy handling there money for the lease ran off with everyones money so they lost and we got it back..they let them back on it despite our warnings.and with them living there they are afraied they will hunt it any way so they might as well let them on it.everyone else on the lease get along great thats the reason for the lack of rules but hopefully after all this they will atleast set some rules..the first of which sould be no hunting or even being on property riding around on juvinial unless you are with a kid.i dont have kids but the thought of someone purpesly messing up a kids hunting gets under my skin bad

lpo1981

turk870 said:
lease is over 1600 acres paper company land.with the guys causing the prob.its always somthing every year.ive been on this lease for 10yrs except for the 3yrs we lost it because the group of guys(that these problem guys was with)wanted it all to them the main guy over the lease at that time was also a guide,but he didnt guide on this property.these guys set him up by telling the paper co.he was guiding on this property and having them call his guide service number.anyway after they got it they had it a few yrs and the guy handling there money for the lease ran off with everyones money so they lost and we got it back..they let them back on it despite our warnings.and with them living there they are afraied they will hunt it any way so they might as well let them on it.everyone else on the lease get along great thats the reason for the lack of rules but hopefully after all this they will atleast set some rules..the first of which sould be no hunting or even being on property riding around on juvinial unless you are with a kid.i dont have kids but the thought of someone purpesly messing up a kids hunting gets under my skin bad
Gets under mine to! Kids should be first and regardless wether there back on it next year maybe we should set a few ground rules. I defin agree though outside of these 2 individuals the rest of us all have got along just fine.

Latest posts