Late season cockleburs in the Duck Hole

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
You won't have a bit of trouble mastering it. Once you set the boundary its autopilot from there.

Did y'all plant a lot of millet this year. We run more millet than we ever have and cut back on corn.

Displaced_Vol

You won't have a bit of trouble mastering it. Once you set the boundary its autopilot from there.

Did y'all plant a lot of millet this year. We run more millet than we ever have and cut back on corn.
Seems like this will be a game changer for waterfowl management in places where it's too wet for traditional equipment and helicopter/plane applications aren't practical.
Did you all buy the drone yourselves or are you able to rent it?

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
Local farmer and customer of mine had this one. $20 bucks an acre to spray and I provided the chemical. He can also fly on cover crops which would be amazing flying millet into mudflats.

There are several guys doing this commercially in middle and west TN and I would say rates will stay competitive.

Drone of this caliber is 30-50k depending on specs.

Definitely cheaper than a new 475k wheeled sprayer.

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
This is awesome! Stupid question, but has anybody used this method for killing cattails or other aquatic vines? They have taken over our swamp.
I'm not versed on what would be safe to spray in or on the water. I'm sure some some chemicals are labeled for it.

It would be very simple to spray it over water or anything. Maps for the sprayer are pulled off of google earth and downloaded. You then lay out your boundaries and load it full and cut it loose on auto pilot. It won't go outside the set boundary It tracks where it has sprayed. Won't overlap and automatically comes back to the same place every time to land.

Displaced_Vol

Flying in millet, rice or something like that onto some mud is exactly where my head went too.
I am gonna talk to the guy we lease from us west KY and see if there's one available out there just so we know. I'd almost guarantee there is its big farming country.

Latest posts