Last week, who's still hunting?

PalsPal

My dad and I have birds at three different local spots that we can still play with, and then we'll try to make it to middle TN on Saturday.

With weather, and other obligations preventing it, I have not been able to take the 78 yr old gentleman in middle TN that we normally go with when we go over there. Saturday will be our last chance, if the weather cooperates.

Birds are still hot in many locations, so if you have the opportunity, go down swinging!

deerfever

I'm still after an old crafty one! I'm going to stay after this one til the end! These are the ones you remember for years to come! I'm preparing to eat some tag soup on this guy, no problem and loving every minute of the beatings he has given me!

PalsPal

deerfever":8q5xiva6 said:
I'm still after an old crafty one! I'm going to stay after this one til the end! These are the ones you remember for years to come! I'm preparing to eat some tag soup on this guy, no problem and loving every minute of the beatings he has given me!

He needs a name :D !

Setterman

deerfever":32ev70jx said:

You'll get him. Talk to him while you're setup with him. Play mind games and he will be yours

TN Whitetail Freak

Got off work at 4pm yesterday drove an hour and set up in an area known for turkeys. I sat until 7 and finally heard a gobble. I cut the distance by 100 yds and began talking with him. I decided he was in a old cut corn field and knew a little path led from that field to where I was. So I decided he was going to come that route. He decided to just come directly through the swamp and I never saw him. I called him in from way out then he shut up. Suddenly l heard a thump and hum. Yep I knew he was close then but there was a pile of thick stuff in the swamp and I never saw him. The thump and hum quieted and the next time he gobbled he was way off the way he came. Not sure what happened.

Union Co. Boy

Still holding a tag. Got a new farm to try this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone.

TiminTN

I`ve got 2 more hunts planned. First to a farm I`ve never been to in Dresden TN. A good friend farms a lot of ground there and sees turkeys. Been saying I can come the last 3 years, decided to take him up on it. I`ll hunt there Friday, than back to Fayette Co Saturday. Good luck to you guys!

Latest posts