Landowner Exemption & Type 094

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy S.

My grandmother owns the land (sole owner), thus my uncle (TN resident who lives with her) qualifies as a "child of the landowner" for license exemption.The land is in unit L.

Page 22 in the H&T Guide states this for (G/M/A) ** A Type 094 permit is required to hunt antlerless deer during this season except for landowners hunting under the landowner exemption (as described in T.C.A. 70-2-204), Sportsman license holders (including Lifetime Sportsman) and Type 167 license holders. A Type 094 permit is required for all ages.

From my research, it "appears" he does not need a type 094 permit for muzzleloader or gun seasons, but Region 1 told me he DID need it to shoot does during gun season. (G/M/A)

For clarification:

1. Does he need a 094 permit to shoot does during muzzleloader season (M/A) on her farm only?

2. Does he need a 094 permit to shoot does during gun season (G/M/A) on her farm only?

Thanks for in advance for your time and help!

scn

If he is hunting on his mother's farm that she solely owns, and is a TN resident, he meets the landowner license exemption requirements.
He does not need either a license or a Type 94 permit on her farm.

The Type 94 permit is not required by anyone on the M/A hunt UNLESS they are hunting on a WMA.

He will not need the Type 94 during the G/M/A to take antlerless deer on her farm. If he hunts where he is not landowner exempt, he would need the Type 94 to take antlerless deer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts