Lake chickamauga

I have never fished chickamauga before and I'm going to fish a benefit tournament up there for a buddy of mine who is having health issues and was looking for tips or advice or anything that would be helpful, thanks in advance

Winchester

Single swimbait near creek mouths has been producing a few as well as a Rattletrap type bait if you can find grass.

waynesworld

When is the tourney? I haven't fished it yet but am looking at going down there to camp and try the fishing out. My daughter and her husband have done a charter for catfish there and caught some monsters.

RobDooley

CFF tournament February 20....five out of nine weighed fish. 1st place weighed 3 fish at 17.50 lbs. They also had big fish weighing 7.63 lbs. They did not reveal lures. Tough morning according to anglers and very cold conditions. Conditions should improve by April 3. Rayburn Red lipless crankbait or similar. I fish the Chick a lot. My confidence bait in the spring is a Texas rigged or Carolina rigged lizard. Harrison Bay, Wolftever Creek, Grasshopper Creek, Eldrige slough, Sale Creek and Possum Creek to name a few. You didn't mention location of blast off. Best of luck to you.

Jmed

Although I couldnt keep them buttoned saturday, I had a good bit of action throughout the day. everything was on traps, and shallow. Watch the water levels if its dropping, you'll need to back out a bit, if its rising, they will have their nose in the dirt like they did Saturday.

I really appreciate all the help I have never fished in a tournament and I have never fished chickamauga but I'll try y'all's suggestions and if anybody wants to come it's for a good cause, they are launching at the Dayton boat ramp at safe light the morning of April 3rd

Latest posts