lab coming into breeding cycle?

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
ok need some help this is my first lab female she will be a year old around the end of may. so when will she come into heat? vet told me today that it should have done happened and if it does not happen by 14 months it might not happen ever not questioning her answer just like to here from some people that has lab. so you guys that have or has had female lab what kind of time frame am i tooking at not that im wanting to breed her yet but would like to some day. also hate to drop $400 on hip and elbow certification and never get to breed her down the road.
thanks for they help

turk870

most of the time hip and elbow certs are done after they turn two yrs old I think,one of ours didn't start having heat cycle till she was almost 2 but has been regular every since

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
turk870 said:
most of the time hip and elbow certs are done after they turn two yrs old I think,one of ours didn't start having heat cycle till she was almost 2 but has been regular every since
Thanks for the info the vet said they usually do the certs. Before they are 1yr old but they might just want my money lol. How often do you lab come into cycle or does it depend on the dog?

redblood

my labs typically dont cycle until they 18-26 months old. not a good didea to breed first heat cycle. eyes can be cartifies at any time, but official OFA hips and elbows cannot be done until they 24 months of age

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
redblood said:
my labs typically dont cycle until they 18-26 months old. not a good didea to breed first heat cycle. eyes can be cartifies at any time, but official OFA hips and elbows cannot be done until they 24 months of age
Thanks for the help that makes me fill a little better they was talking like It could be cancer or something why she ant done came in and I had to hurry and get the ofh done before she hits 12 months old looks like I'm changing vets

Latest posts