Ky trip anyone?

tasaman

Got a quota hunt in Ballard, KY next week. Roost1 was gonna go with but since its two week days he can't make it. Anybody here think they can make it pm me. It's Jan 2 and 3. Hunt till noon and only 1 box shells per day. Good numbers of duks up there and getting better. I will prob bowhunt evenings for deer.

ClubHead

I went several years back.Drew a bad draw.There was one blind in flooded corn that limited.Cant remember the number.We luckily brought some snow goose socks and killed a few snow geese.They were every where

ClubHead

I would take some snow goose decoys just in case.If you draw a bad blind,ask the wardens to put you where the snow geese have been hitting and they will.There are usually 20 to 30 thousand in the area.Those wardens are nice and want you to kill.

tasaman

I actually know some of the wardens and kdfwr guys. Not personally but by acquaintance. They are some nice guys but like any green jeans they have a knob to do and won't hesitate to ticket you so as of you need another reason to play by the rules this is a big one.

ClubHead

Those at Ballard are a different breed though.If you do something major you will get a ticket.Heck the wardens there carry their duck guns in their truck.Pretty cool.

tasaman

Well today is the day. Meeting two guys up there. It's a 3 hr drive so should roll in right at check in time. Heard good things Monday. They are getting plenty of greenheads. Cans too. I just hope 25 shells is enough. My wingshooting could stand some improvement.

tasaman

Well today is the day. Meeting two guys up there. It's a 3 hr drive so should roll in right at check in time. Heard good things Monday. They are getting plenty of greenheads. Cans too. I just hope 25 shells is enough. My wingshooting could stand some improvement.

tasaman

Yep...
E1BC57D3-8872-4B3B-8319-2FE9A99B7209-139-00000007F2CEBB66.jpg

Latest posts