Kentucky lake divers

NChunt1

Hey guys I'm planning on making my first trip out to Kentucky lake to hunt some divers. I will be bringing the duck boat so I plan on hunting the main lake and points. Any advice for first time on the lake chaising divers ?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

scn

Re: Kentucky lake divers

I'm certainly not trying to "keep" you away. But, from the info I am getting, if you are traveling any distance at all, it isn't worth your time or money right now.

NChunt1

Dang that's some bad news. It can't be any worse than lake guntersville right now. we already got the trip planned so we're coming ducks or no ducks. If there is 5 ring necks it's better than guntersville.

spoonie

its been several years since I've chased them but usually hunted around the islands near bass bay and Greenbriar there's a long narrow island. Might also check out the TVA islands in New Johnsonville. Be careful out there, the lake is up and can turn nasty really quick, I've had some close calls out there before. Good Luck

NChunt1

Thanks for the advice it sounds like I will need it.

Displaced_Vol

You limiting yourself to Kentucky or you willing to look at Barkley too?
If weather changes we may see some. I am no expert at divers but north Barkley seems to hold some and they can be about anywhere on KY from what little I've seen hunting out there

Displaced_Vol

Just realized you're probably wanting to stay on the TN side of the lake...in that case I can't help much I haven't hunted down on the TN side of the lake, yet.

NChunt1

Ya we plan on staying in Dover and just hunting the Tennessee side. We were thinking the main lake to try to stay away from all the blinds

Displaced_Vol

That seems a reasonable plan. Weather looking better over the next week so we may see some new ones push down. If the shallow stuff starts to freeze you could get into a pretty good variety pack out there.

If you haven't done it before just mind the channels on the Barkley side (I think Dover is Barkley?). Gets shallow quick.

Latest posts