Kayak Guide Trips

Canonman

I am going to start guiding part time. I will focus on trout and smallies from kayaks, but want to offer two other trips. I want to do special trips for monster striped bass.

Also I want to host extend trips. I want to offer a week long trip to florida to do some kayak/camping trips off the beach. I took my roommate down last week and in 3 days we have the best fishing trip ever!! Believe me I have been on a lot of trips both fresh and salt.

Catching a big fish is always fun and I have caught my share, however to catch a good fish from a kayak is UNREAL!

Wanted to get some feed back from you guys and also let you know about this before anyone else.

I am willing to do a weekend trip everynow and then up until fall that way I can get some on the water feedback and get some experience for myself. If your interested just PM me. It may be hard to work out a date if you want to go right now because I fishing so many tournaments.

scn

Don't forget your insurance if you start doing it commercially.

From all of your posts there is no doubt you have that type of fishing dialed in and should do well. That cobia had to be a blast.

rsimms

Good luck... it seems to be a growing niche. I don't hit the river very often these days that I don't see kayakers...either touring or fishing.

Just remember and expect that if you do it right, and your business is successful, it can become "work" rather than "fun."

Canonman

I def know its work. Its work taking my roommate who just got into fishing. I usually don't fish much myself anymore just set next to him giving him one on one instructions. however I kind of like the idea of giving people there space and let them catch the fish themselves I think it would be more rewarding to them rather than me telling them what to do their every move. of course I know with kids and people who haven't fished before I would have to be there 100% of the time. I would fish the Holston, SoHo, Nolichucky, Boone Lake, and the Beach trips.

Latest posts