Gulfport Ms guide?

megalomaniac

Shore Thing Charters. Group of 8 or 9 guys that work together, but sort of specialize, so if you prefer to fish for bull reds vs tripletail vs specks, etc they can hook you up (forget tripletail next month). The other good thing about them all working together is that March is a big time transition month... which means fish are moving from inshore to back offshore and even to the barrier islands. Having multiple guides working together ensures they keep up with the fish and know where they are. Another plus is that they launch from the BSL/ Pass Christian areas and are more than willing to make the ride to LA waters and fish the east Biloxi Marsh for specks and reds, which is usually better fishing than what can be had in MS waters (weather permitting of course).

74MOPAR

Shore Thing Charters. Group of 8 or 9 guys that work together, but sort of specialize, so if you prefer to fish for bull reds vs tripletail vs specks, etc they can hook you up (forget tripletail next month). The other good thing about them all working together is that March is a big time transition month... which means fish are moving from inshore to back offshore and even to the barrier islands. Having multiple guides working together ensures they keep up with the fish and know where they are. Another plus is that they launch from the BSL/ Pass Christian areas and are more than willing to make the ride to LA waters and fish the east Biloxi Marsh for specks and reds, which is usually better fishing than what can be had in MS waters (weather permitting of course).

Awesome, thanks. Bull reds is kinda what I was thinking about if my shoulder can take it lol

megalomaniac

Awesome, thanks. Bull reds is kinda what I was thinking about if my shoulder can take it lol
You will likely be fishing bridges and rock jetties then. Not my personal cup of tea, but you will also hang into some monster black drum doing it. If just working out your arm/shoulder is what you are looking for, they can hook you up. Plus, if the sound is somewhat clear, it's a short 1.5 miles to Taylor reef and there are often specks on it in March.

74MOPAR

You will likely be fishing bridges and rock jetties then. Not my personal cup of tea, but you will also hang into some monster black drum doing it. If just working out your arm/shoulder is what you are looking for, they can hook you up. Plus, if the sound is somewhat clear, it's a short 1.5 miles to Taylor reef and there are often specks on it in March.
Had shoulder surgery at thanksgiving and still not that great, but would like to have some fun.

gadwall

I personally have not been with them, but I have a close friend who speaks highly of Shore Thing Charters also.

Latest posts