Juvenile hunt

TN Larry

This will be the last one for my son. Wished it was a little warmer, but they should be fired up this morning. Good luck to everyone!

Acorn

Seen 5 gobblers this morning. They were gobbling like crazy on the limb and very little gobbling when they hit the ground. They were hened up and didn't want to play the game. Boys are ready for breakfast so we will give them a little while and try them again. We did find about 30 morels. We never heard a shot this morning. That is weird for my area.

tellico4x4

Haven't got to hunt yet.... Grandson had a ballgame at 5:00 yesterday that turned into 2 games. Second game didn't finish until 11:00 last night with them winning 18-17 and him pitching! Not bad for a seventh grader that got pulled up to varsity this year ⚾💪😁. After 6 hours of play he was worn out & cold, but happy. We'll give it a shot this afternoon & in morning if needed.

Report at 8:30 from the other two hunters was that one dad had called up 3 gobblers so far & 9 yr old son hadn't got a shot off yet. Other guy was a new member last fall so this is their first turkey season. Told thim where to hunt and they were covered up. The dad said that he'd never heard gobbling like this morning in his life. 360 degrees & every 30 seconds!

Both dads are very experienced turkey hunters but this is the first hunt for both the kids. So far they've had a memorable morning & hope the both connect today.

I drove my UTV yesterday to a big hardwood point splitting two hollows to see if I could roost one. Think I got to
IMG_20240405_193202637.jpg
close as gobbler flew up within 40 yards of me to roost 🤣. I took pic looking through the windshield lol.

Good luck to the ones out there now!

Latest posts