Just ordered a new scope

jakeway

Now I have to figure out what gun to put it on.

I ordered the Burris Fullfield II 2-7X35 from Cabela's. They're having a sale right now where the scope is marked down to $170, and they have another $20 off orders over $100. So including shipping it's about $165.

I think I'll put it on my 260 REM, move the Leupold VX-I 2-7X33 from that gun to the 243 for the kids. (That scope is already mounted on low rings and set for the kid's eye relief.) The old Redfield 3-9X40 that was on the 243 when I bought it will move to my Marlin 22, and the POC (Piece Of Crap) Tasco 4X32 will go to the junk pile.

On second thought, I'll keep the Tasco as a reminder of the day my brother and I got a half-racked buck with ony 11 shots between the two of us. On the first shot I broke one of the buck's front legs, but the scope hit me in the forehead and slid forward all the way to the turret. Tony and I chased the buck and let the slugs fly (we were both using 12 guages). Tony was a bad shot, and my scope was definately off. We finally got the buck, and since I shot first, shot last, and gave up some of my own blood in the process, I got to keep the rack. The scope actually has a visible gap in the crosshairs where the shock broke it. That was about 30 years ago, and is still one of my most memorable hunts.

Latest posts