Just a hello and great to be here.

Red57

Is the deer population down in Hickman County. Hardly seen any does but have seen a few bucks that need a couple more years on them. Strange about not seeing the does ?

DoubleRidge

Welcome from Middle TN. Early part of December can be slow following the peak of the rut in November for that area. Especially with the amount of acorns this year...Its good deer have had plenty of food with mild weather...but it can make hunting tough...but mid December could pick up with a few does still to be bred...stay after them and good luck hunting.

Red57

Got a 8 back on the first day of muzzleloader. So I am more interested in cleaning up a place I had a nice clover plot in. It's all briers now hoping that a rake behind the tractor will pull most out and then going to clean it all up again replant something as I haven't decided yet what I want to sow. Any suggestions for my area on what to sow ? Ridge top full sun.

DoubleRidge

Got a 8 back on the first day of muzzleloader. So I am more interested in cleaning up a place I had a nice clover plot in. It's all briers now hoping that a rake behind the tractor will pull most out and then going to clean it all up again replant something as I haven't decided yet what I want to sow. Any suggestions for my area on what to sow ? Ridge top full sun.
You may need to spray the plot to clean it up...not sure that the rake behind tractor will pull the briars out? Might work some but spraying, bush hogging or mowing will be much quicker...or if possible, burn it off after spraying...for planting...if you need to build soil then one option for a summer crop is buckwheat...or if the plot is large enough to handle the browse pressure then sunflower, cow peas and soybeans....in the fall you can't go wrong with crimson clover, winter wheat and cereal rye...enjoy the process....and check out some of the other forums...allot of reading available on this topic.

Latest posts