Hello, new here.

Cody91

I live in Chattanooga TN, moving a little bit west to sequatchie county where my soon to be wife and I have just bought our first home and needless to say, we're very grateful & I've got a lot of new woods to scout.

I'm 33 years old, work as a sous chef in Chattanooga, and as of late I spend every spare moment I can fishing, hiking, small game hunting and gardening. I just got back into hunting and fishing in spring of 2023 after a roughly 15 year hiatus (focusing on nothing but my career, like many folks).

I'm looking forward to my first turkey hunt of my adult life here very soon, and given that I don't know very many hunters anymore I thought I'd join here and say hello, share some stories, and maybe even meet some like minded folks.

I am really looking forward to learning from my mistakes (of which, there'll be many, for sure), spending time out in the woods, and getting to have a go at what I think may become a lifelong obsession.

As spring turkey season is nearly upon us, I'd just like to wish everyone a wonderful season & I hope you all have a bountiful harvest, or at the very least, a good amount of time away in the woods.

Be safe, have fun, & have a great day.

J.A.F.O.

Welcome to the forum chef. Glad you are getting outside and back into huntin' and fishin'.

Like you,I was a career chasing chef for many years and left it all behind about 16 years ago. Ain't a career for a family man that's for sure…well,for me anyway. Been building homes since and haven't looked back. Archery and fly fishing salvaged my brain for sure after all of that nonsense. 🤣😂🤣😂

rifle02

Welcome to The Forum, hope you have a great spring turkey season too. Unlike you I didn't focus on my career and focused more on Hunting Fishing and such. That's how I got to where I am today. I said that with a hint of sarcasm. But it is true.

Cody91

Welcome to the forum chef. Glad you are getting outside and back into huntin' and fishin'.

Like you,I was a career chasing chef for many years and left it all behind about 16 years ago. Ain't a career for a family man that's for sure…well,for me anyway. Been building homes since and haven't looked back. Archery and fly fishing salvaged my brain for sure after all of that nonsense. 🤣😂🤣😂
That's the truth for sure! My problem now is, all I want to do is hunt and fish 🤫. I am actually considering a career change, but that's another topic for another time... Fly fishing is some good medicine & has given me a lot of time to think. Thanks ks for the warm welcome.

Cody91

Welcome to The Forum, hope you have a great spring turkey season too. Unlike you I didn't focus on my career and focused more on Hunting Fishing and such. That's how I got to where I am today. I said that with a hint of sarcasm. But it is true.
I appreciate the sarcasm, you made my morning. Thanks!

Latest posts