jerk string question

JDP

Has anyone used goose floaters on their jerk strings? I figure it would make more motion than the smaller duck dekes.. I only have 4 goose floaters and wanted to add them to my spread and use them to make more motion. I just wonder though b/c most people separate their geese floaters from their duck dekes... would it make enough motion if they are separated?

WingNut

A few magnum decoys will make plenty of motion in a regular sized set up. You can give it a try and see how the ducks react. If they start to flare off of it or don't seem to be working like they should then just swap them out with duck decoys. Every set up should have a jerk string in it. I prefer that over spinners any day.

Kevin

What wing nut said. We use 3 magnums. Also have a mallard machine. I think water movement is much more import than spinning wings. Although we do always have a mojo teal.

Dern spoonies will try and land on that thing.

EKARD

I think 3 or 4 makes more splash than a dozen. Got the bright idea to put a dozen on one one time and it was so hard to pull and it made just a few ripples from each decoy.

Latest posts