It has happened again

turf08

I checked all my cameras today and all the mature bucks have vanished……..again. This seems to happen to me every year. No matter if I feed them, dont feed them, salt licks, no salt licks, thickets, hardwoods, pine thickets, food plots. Nothing seems to keep them coming in. One of my farms Ive only been in the area twice. Once to put in the salt licks and again today to check the camera. 4 months untouched and they are still vanishing. I know once the velvet comes off they change patterns, but the small bucks I had on camera are still in velvet. I GIVE UP.

Devin2009

I've found that cameras are fun to run and give you an idea what you have,but don't really mean much. I've killed several deer that I've never got pics of but only killed one I have gotten pics of, so me personally I don't put much stock in cameras.

Bgbuckhntr84

Devin2009":2ovz1rz9 said:
I've found that cameras are fun to run and give you an idea what you have,but don't really mean much. I've killed several deer that I've never got pics of but only killed one I have gotten pics of, so me personally I don't put much stock in cameras.

X2....I like to see the head gear but I mainly monitor where my does are....these bachelor groups are about to break up anyway...no need to fret

csi-tech

My bucks all lost their velvet last week. Right now their testosterone levels are getting higher and they can't stand to be around each other so the bachelor groups are breaking apart and each buck is starting to establish his own range. They are still there, just spread out. One of those big bucks probably stayed forcing the others away. Despair not, Just be patient and be ready.

Mike Belt

I found acorns yesterday while scouting. The deer were hitting them pretty heavy. I'd bet that wherever your bucks are there are acorns close by. There are properties that do see almost a complete buck dispersal but then there are bucks that will relocate into the void left behind or will be cruising through looking for does. If you have does all is not lost.

turf08

Most of my cams are on salt licks. They are on trails leading to and from bedding areas. One my main farm I can only hunt one side of it. The left side is all thickets and bedding and the other is hardwood ridges. The problem Im having there is they are cutting the timber on that side of the farm and it will be impossible to hunt that side, so im hunting around the thickets. I did walk around on the other side the other day and due to the oaks being cut down there are acorns everywhere. Not to mention loggers during daylight.