Well… it hasnt been boring

TNReb

Had 5 bucks come within 10 yards yesterday and 2 this morning. A few yearlings and a couple 2.5 or 3.5. Not quite what I'm hoping for, but it's been a fun couple mornings.

IMG_3903.jpeg

IMG_3902.jpeg
IMG_3896.jpeg
IMG_3897.jpeg
IMG_3895.jpeg
IMG_3892.jpeg

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Do you think an arrow (or bullet) may have hit that spot seen on the deer in the 2nd photo? I'm wondering if an arrow could have hit there and not penetrated due to the bone.

TNReb

That's just dirt on my camera lens! haha

I went back and watched the video I clipped that picture from and that spot isn't really on him.
Do you think an arrow (or bullet) may have hit that spot seen on the deer in the 2nd photo? I'm wondering if an arrow could have hit there and not penetrated due to the bone.

Creek

I'd probably shake myself down from the tree :D
I've never shot a buck in my life, only does for eating.
One of these days I'm going to post some pictures of a buck I was planning to kill along with a short story telling how I was going to shoot him the following year and why that didn't happen.
It's a really nice situation you have there with those bucks.

TNReb

I'd probably shake myself down from the tree :D
I've never shot a buck in my life, only does for eating.
One of these days I'm going to post some pictures of a buck I was planning to kill along with a short story telling how I was going to shoot him the following year and why that didn't happen.
It's a really nice situation you have there with those bucks.
Hahaha…

I just want to kill a BIG one some day…

Some odd years ago I would have shot every one of those.

Creek

Somehow, I missed seeing the video the first time. Do you think that buck stopped where he did because he caught a slight scent where you accessed your stand or because he was checking the correct direction of a doe?

TNReb

Somehow, I missed seeing the video the first time. Do you think that buck stopped where he did because he caught a slight scent where you accessed your stand or because he was checking the correct direction of a doe?
I have no idea. There has been several other bucks walk through that same spot, but no does since sunrise.

I walked in from the other direction, so I hadn't walked down his path. Doesn't mean he didn't pick up my scent.. I did take a leak about 30 minutes earlier. 😜