It all finally came together

Shed Hunter

In 2012 I had a deer show up on camera that amazed me. He was huge to be as young as he appeared. There were two other big deer there, but they meant little to me compared to this buck. That post season I spent countless hours walking countless miles looking for his shed and learning his home area. In 2013 I had no encounters with him, but he posed perfectly for every camera set up I placed. I took it farther with my scouting that post season and still did not find his antlers but reassured myself I needed to hunt him like I did last year.

This year was going to be my season. I knew it--the gut feeling was true. After sitting almost every day since bow season and passing deer bigger than anything I had previously take (along with a miss on a different big buck) I finally made it happen today at 7:15. I had sat in this spot 3 times already, but with the NW wind I knew I needed to be there. As I walked in I heard a deer run across the trail to me but it winded me. A little while later I heard the crunching of leaves and immediately had the greatest moment of realization in my life--it was him. At 75 or so yards I stopped him and got a broadside heart shot. He ran about 75 yards

Trail cam this year

More kill pics to come later as well as growth progression since 2012

Boll Weevil

Wooohooo!!
1) That is a fantastic deer. 2) The patience and persistence to keep HUNTING for a specific a deer like that.

Kudos, sir.

Latest posts