Is that just the way it goes?

eastTN270

A few weeks ago I went coyote hunting for the first time. I've got a Johnny Stewart Preymaster. I set it out, it played for about 30 seconds and I had 3 yotes come bouncing out. I was so suprised and excited that I shot twice and missed. Well since then I've call different areas and farms and haven't call in anything since. Is this normal? I usually stick with distressed rodent and cottantail. Any tips. Thanks

JAD

Seems so. I bought a foxpro spitfire last month, used it 3-4 times, seen nothing. Not even thinking of giving up, I know it will happen sooner or later. Good luck.

stickler

I have bought a spitfire about a month ago to. I have called in a coyote but it was really thick and couldnt get a shot. But I will be out there Saturday morning because I am dieing to get one

varmint1111

something i just learned the hard way, make sure you can ALWAYS see and get your gun onto your caller and decoy. I called in 2 yotes the other a.m. but could not get on them because i had my pod set to high, they jumped right on the caller , then where gone. My first double called in and i got nothing. That's how you learn I guess.