I am not so certain that this isn't the poached Elk

Atchman2

This was near the hog trap the state put out on the property. It is in Northern Anderson county. This was a picture from a few weeks ago. I've seen it once before on the other side of the river. Poaching in that area is a problem. We have pretty much kept them out of this property, mostly because it is so rugged.

Attachments

• DSCF0263.JPG
    DSCF0263.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF0262.JPG
    DSCF0262.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCF0264.JPG
    DSCF0264.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 150

Atchman2

I've always thought this one was a young one. I have't seen it on the cameras since late September. It is obviously moving around looking for food or chicks.

The good thing is when I pulled my camera this week there was actually some DEER on it! They were nocturnal, but that will change in a few weeks. Nothing spectacular but I just want one for meat. Probably going to have to wait until muzzleloader season since my blind is way too far away from where I have been seeing them. Though I could take up my crossbow target and sight it in for that range. Is that cheating? 😁

There is also a broken tailed wild boar. I've never seen one with a broken tail, a missing one yes, but not a broken one. He is a newbie on the property. I'm waiting for him to get on a schedule. The hog feeder is WAY away on the other side of the property. Normally there are no deer there since it attracts bears and there are TONS of ATVs that blaze near there.

Latest posts