is flint worth anything?

mossyoakmantn

Ive got a ton of flint and a few points that were all found in the same area. There were some awesome points that got stolen when my cous4ns house was broke into. Anyway i was wondering if the flint was any good

geezer

As in pieces of worked flint like broken tips, bases and mid sections? Not really although if you had say a Cumberland base or something of that nature it would most likely be worth something and broke stuff could bring a little money to the right person looking to do a project or something with them but I wouldnt count on an early retirement from them. :)

in the dog house

Are you talking about nodules of flint or large unworked pieces. If so yes, about $50 per 5 gallon bucket. Some flint is worth more. Like horse creek chert brings a pretty penny. I have bought flint from all over the world to make points out of. Just depends on quality. It takes a well trained eye to recognize workable flint. Most large pieces you find on sites are not workable, if it were it would have been made into a point a long time ago. The indians pretty well gathered all the workable surface flint. You will run across some where roads have been cut or construction sites, and in some creeks where "fresh" rock has washed out.

Got any pics......

Latest posts