Is anyone else excited ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My turkey hunting started out as alot of things do for me.
VERY disappointing and VERY frustrating.

Through being lucky enough to hunt with some people that knew what they were doing, I have learned alot.

I am so dang excited this year that I can't hardly contain myself.

Went and got man a new gun, shells, some clothes, a leafy suit and even ordered him a choke.
Got myself some new boots and I am READY to GO !!!

6 days and a wake up and we will be out there.

Honestly I can't even remember the last opening day of deer season that I have looked forward to as much as turkey hunting this year.
I wish I was in a situation where I could take the entire season off. :D

Ok thanks, just had to say that.

BigSatt

I'm getting fired up as well.

Spent about 5 1/2 hours yesterday afternoon scouting 3 different spots.

Got 1 of my blinds set-up for Juvenile season.

deerchaser007

If my wife told me i had to choose, and could only hunt 1 animal,.. i would sell my rifles and do nothing but turkey hunt. Ain't nothing like IMO,. i look forward to it every year like a kid on a trip to the candy store.
I found out friday that i go back to work on the 29th,.. back to the 19 days on 2 days off schedule. I'll miss alot of hunting this year,. but gotta work!!

VolDoug

Ruger, if you really want go over the edge, watch that camera that Dodgeman linked down below between 6:30-7:00 in the morning. The roost gobbling and hen talk was great, and then the hens sailed off the roost to the feeders, and it wasn't long before three strutters emerged and danced for a long time in the background.

It was awesome!

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
I am so excited also.
I haven't had good luck for the last couple of years turkey hunting. Took care of my mom and tried to hunt a little bit 2 years ago. Then last year I had some health issues and a surgery right in the middle of season.
This year watch out cause some feathers are going to roll.

I need to get me some people that knows what their doing to hunt with so I be sure to get me a longbeard.

Baxter83

Go out and listen to some toms gobbling their heads off one morning this week then make another post about how exited you are...... ;) :D

LUNGBLOOD

I am excited and so is my son. We went to the lease to listen yesterday morning. Birds were sounding off everywhere. Hope he gets one this weekend but if not I am sure we will have a good time.