Iowa 4th season

th88

Just be happy you drew the tag.... I didnt. But I will go buy a muzzloader tag and be up there 4th season. Last week of April is better than middle May
You can thank the YouTubers for not drawing a 4th season tag. They have completely changed the demographics of the draw. Season 2 used to be the most coveted season and about the only one you weren't guaranteed to draw. After several years of videoing a ton of 4th season kills and posting them for the whole word to see, the later seasons are now the one everyone wants!

Check it out:

2017 stats

E1br7x2.png

2019 stats

Nn7wpUD.png

2020 Stats

rJyzBEn.png

Last edited:

Shady

Not sure of your situation, but if you need to declare dates now, I would go as early as possible. Especially if hunting public.

I also drew for 4th season Zone 4. Always have good hunts. Observed the typical amount of birds during deer season. I'll be on private and fortunately can be flexible on dates.

Good luck on your hunt.

simpzenith

Doesn't matter when you go. It's Iowa afterall. One of the easiest places to kill an Eastern gobbler. You're not going to run into any other hunters for the most part and you'll find plenty of gobbling turkeys.

th88

Oh it is. As difficult as it is for me to fork over nearly $300 one gobbler, I keep doing it because the hunting is just that good. lol

I sure wouldn't mind if more states charged that! With Federal matching monies, that ends up being $1,200 for the state game and fish for ONE POTENTIAL turkey!

PickettSFHunter

I think the decision has been made. I drew a quota tag for a place in Wisconsin that starts May 17. Sure would be easier on me if I could drive to Iowa, hunt, drive to Wisconsin, hunt, drive home. 2 major drives instead of 4.

Latest posts