Interesting thought…

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Not my own, but I read it today about the playoff rankings that will be announced tonight. In reference to the SEC expansion (which it's assumed will be an SECCG against the best two teams in the SEC) and playoff expansion:

"Just think, if this was 2025, UGA vs TN might have happened 3 times. Reg season, SECCG, and Playoffs."

Profound 🧐

PalsPal

Not my own, but I read it today about the playoff rankings that will be announced tonight. In reference to the SEC expansion (which it's assumed will be an SECCG against the best two teams in the SEC) and playoff expansion:

"Just think, if this was 2025, UGA vs TN might have happened 3 times. Reg season, SECCG, and Playoffs."

Profound 🧐

It could be possible the way it is. Highly unlikely, but you could have Tn-Bama do it. If one wins the regular season, and the other wins the SEC championship game, both would definitely be in the playoffs if those were the only losses.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I thought the SEC Championship was the SECCG between the two best SEC teams? Isn't this how it's been for the last few years?

Edit - oh I see, the two best teams could possibly both be from the east, or West?
Supposedly they are considering pods, or eliminating divisions altogether and going to a rotating or "balanced" schedule. SECCG would just be the top two teams regardless of division then

THEdonkey0515

Supposedly they are considering pods, or eliminating divisions altogether and going to a rotating or "balanced" schedule. SECCG would just be the top two teams regardless of division then
It should be the best two teams IMO.

UT could end the year with 1 loss to the best team In the country and won't get to the SECC. But a LSU team that didn't even have to play UGA, that got destroyed by UT at home after getting beat by FSU gets to play in the SEC Championship game. That Don't seem right.

UT would have a better SOS with less losses, and beat LSU head to head. Seems like a no brainer who should be in.

Latest posts