Golf thought

wayne

I've won flights by playing within the rules prescribed by the Tournament. I've lost flights by being bumped into another flight because 2nd round score improvement was greater than allowed per the rules.
I've never played on a team that won that knowingly cheated.

PillsburyDoughboy

When my Father and Law was alive and playing at top level he would put together a 4 man scramble and invite me along when he needed a 4th when one would cancel, get sick or just flat out stood him up. I sucked something bad so when he called me he was really desperate. We won several of them and never cheated. Not one drop not one stroke on the card. He was just really good and had several good ones in his arsenal. So yeah to answer your question its happened.

TNRifleman

I played in one a while back where we were legit 20 under with no mullignas. I was a year removed from being a gold pro, another guy was a year out of college playing college golf in the SEC, another guy was a legit 5 handicapper and the other guy was probably a 10 handicap. We birdied every hole except for one and made 3 eagles. It was just a day where we were all firing on all cylinders and the course was not very difficult.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

This is all Greek to me

Ed B

Plenty of times. The most sideways looks received was some Vandy sports deal. It was the typical 4-man scramble and was to thank all the sponsors from throughout the year, each sponsor was given two spots. I guess since it was free, the twosome we were supposed to be paired never showed. They gave us each two swings for every shot, it was unfair. We we're probably a combined 4 handicap in those days. They only gave away a prize for first (4 airline tickets), we won by five shots. We each got two round trip tickets on delta anywhere in the US (except Hawaii), we got some nasty stares after that one.

But back to the original comment…I probably play in a dozen or more a year and it feels like the winner cheats in the majority of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts