Interesting idea

megalomaniac

That's what I was thinking. Mount it at the top of a pole out in the middle of a big food plot.
I think its going to be designed to send pics on demand...

for example, you plan on hunting a plot one evening... you send a request to the camera to take a pic and transmit, so you know if there are deer already in the plot before you enter.

BSK

I think its going to be designed to send pics on demand...

for example, you plan on hunting a plot one evening... you send a request to the camera to take a pic and transmit, so you know if there are deer already in the plot before you enter.
Interesting.

I definitely don't want the cell feature, but if it stores images on a card, I'm interested.

redblood

Interesting.

I definitely don't want the cell feature, but if it stores images on a card, I'm interested.
Id actually only want the cell feature. I plan in never using another traditional cam again. Like not having to allocate time to checking and cam and only having to bring scent and noise into my area every 6 weeks . Plus those tailcam texts are like Christmas morning. Wait, just got a text now!

BSK

Id actually only want the cell feature. I plan in never using another traditional cam again. Like not having to allocate time to checking and cam and only having to bring scent and noise into my area every 6 weeks . Plus those tailcam texts are like Christmas morning. Wait, just got a text now!
If I was only using cams for scouting, I might agree. But I need data. LOTS of data! Every picture/video gets recorded and saved.

Ski

I'm completely opposite. I got a cell cam last year for Christmas and have had it running since with an unlimited plan. I feel I've given it an honest effort. Not sure what I was expecting if anything at all, but I'm not impressed. No plans to get any more.

BSK

With an advertised range of 100', that will be a game changer for a food plot, 100' in all four directions.
All four directions is the key. But with my current cams, I'm getting black-flash illumination to just over 100 feet and triggers beyond that (all I can see is eyes glowing beyond the flash range). And that's with cameras with advertised trigger distance and flash range of 90 feet.

Quailman

Ski, what brand of cell camera did you try? We're currently running 4 Tactacams and have been very impressed with their reliability. I plan to purchase more in the upcoming year. I was also very impressed with battery life as well. One of my cameras in Illinois has been running since the end of October and taken thousands of pictures during that time. My neighbor just changed out the batteries for me yesterday evening because it was at 20%.
I'm completely opposite. I got a cell cam last year for Christmas and have had it running since with an unlimited plan. I feel I've given it an honest effort. Not sure what I was expecting if anything at all, but I'm not impressed. No plans to get any m

rem270

Always wondered when a camera with 180° - 360° detection would come out. Be interesting to see how good it "works". Time will tell.
It would need to be mounted at the top of a post. 360-degrees wouldn't be helpful strapped to a 2-foot-thick tree!

But still, I very unique idea and glad someone is trying it.
I have a wild game 360 cam that I used for a couple years. Bought it used off a guy at work. I loved it and it took amazing 360 pics. Pretty sure I ruined it by leaving the batteries in it after season and they leaked. Not sure how long they made them but it was an awesome cam.

BSK

I have a wild game 360 cam that I used for a couple years. Bought it used off a guy at work. I loved it and it took amazing 360 pics. Pretty sure I ruined it by leaving the batteries in it after season and they leaked. Not sure how long they made them but it was an awesome cam.
I thought I remembered someone else trying this back a few years ago.

Latest posts