Input Please

bowriter

R.I.P.
I love meatloaf, always have. Give me meatloaf, mashed taters and green beans and I am in heaven. For may years, my wife made the best meatloaf I have ever tasted. Then it became cardboard only not as good to eat.

Could it be because whe went to the most expensive hamburger? I mean it is just horrible and she swears she is doing nothng different.

green doe

The ground sirloin has a different texture than ground chuck. It also is not as flavorful. The texture thing I bet would really affect a meatloaf but I'm surprised that the flavor is an issue considering meatloaf usually has a lot of mix-ins. The texture is almost insurmountable to me, though. That in and of itself would cause me to think I was eating cardboard.

TennesseeRains

BW - does the wife think the loaf tastes bad, or is it just you?

If it's just you, your sense of taste may have been affected when you got down and/or the meds could be doing it.

Maybe.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Wife is a vegan- doesn't eat red meat so she has no way of knowing. My sister says to either buy cheap hamburger or lay strips of bacon on top. It is not my sense of taste because my sister's meatloaf is fantastic.

Had some kind of crappy, all veggie soft tacos last night. I took about two bites and fixed me a strawberry milkshake. I aint eating like that. Other than the avacodo which I love, I didn't even know what half the stuff was. I'm pretty sure some of it was seaweed.

ferg

You can't buy 'meat loaf mix' anymore - you have to buy it seperate -

'back in the day'

you got ground beef/ground pork/ground veal/ all in the same package - and mixed it for meat loaf -

'sometimes' Chappell's has it - but more than not - I have to buy seperate and mix at home -

FWIW

ferg....

moondawg

bowriter said:
Wife is a vegan- doesn't eat red meat so she has no way of knowing. My sister says to either buy cheap hamburger or lay strips of bacon on top. It is not my sense of taste because my sister's meatloaf is fantastic.

Vegan? And she still cooks with animal byproducts like eggs, milk, meat, etc.? Interesting. I have a buddy of mine who is vegan and he won't touch the stuff.

I don't have meatloaf that much, so I don't know. Maybe it's the difference in the burger.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Vegan is not the same as vegetarian. At least the way I understand it. She will cook for me and will every now and then eat chicken or fish. She lives stir fried veggies, slads and salmon. I love eating a rare cheeseburger in front of her.

JimFromTN

A vegan is a hard core vegatarian. In addition to not eating any form of meat, vegans won't eat or drink dairy products. If your wife eats chicken and fish, she is not a vegatarian. She sounds like she is just into really lean meats.

JimFromTN

Vegans are vegatarians that won't drink milk and won't eat eggs, cheese, or butter. They won't eat anything that comes from an animal regardless of whether the animal lost its life in the process or not. Most of the vegans I have met are typically anorexic looking. The only protein they get is tofu and beans. I have met a few overweight vegatarians. I think they were very fond of cheese and pasta.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I guess I had it backwards. Never gave it much attention. Have no idea when she started this crap. She will eat meat and drinks milk but not red meat and not much other meat. But it has nothing to do with the animal being killed. She will use butter and eat cheese and every now and then an egg. She won't use sugar but uses half and half in her coffee.

Quite honestly, she looks like she is starving.

Latest posts