Info on Hunting AEDC

Stumpsitter

I'm not far from it. Used to hunt it all the time. I haven't hunted it since I was setting in a tree stand and had what I'm sure was a 12 gauge slug come by me ripping a small limb in the tree beside me down. It sounded like a small war going on several hundred yards away. We used to would laugh about how many shots were fired in comparison to how many deer were killed, but that was the end of it for me.
Over the years of hunting it, I've seen seen some really UN-Sportsman like conduct go on. That's gotten to be about any public ground now though.
I packed up my stuff that day and I haven't been back.
I suggest archery hunting it and getting familiar with it before you burn any points on a gun hunt. It's mostly flat and swampy in most areas. Pine thickets with hardwood strips and hollows. It all looks the same in some bigger areas, it can be easy to get turned around for some people.
Good luck and be careful.

Carlos

I went there once, several years ago. I thought I'd found an area that most others wouldn't go to, walked nearly a mile back into a nice looking flat. I saw a few lights before dawn, but when it got daylight the place looked just like a Vols game with orange in almost every direction. There were so many hunters, I didn't dare to get up and move. I stayed put till it was almost dark and then got the heck out of there, feeling lucky to have made it. There was one guy smoking a cig close enough that I could smell it when the breeze was right.
Never again for me, plus the deer seem to be very small in comparison, almost like capi-barras or however it spelled.

Snake

I'm not far from it. Used to hunt it all the time. I haven't hunted it since I was setting in a tree stand and had what I'm sure was a 12 gauge slug come by me ripping a small limb in the tree beside me down. It sounded like a small war going on several hundred yards away. We used to would laugh about how many shots were fired in comparison to how many deer were killed, but that was the end of it for me.
Over the years of hunting it, I've seen seen some really UN-Sportsman like conduct go on. That's gotten to be about any public ground now though.
I packed up my stuff that day and I haven't been back.
I suggest archery hunting it and getting familiar with it before you burn any points on a gun hunt. It's mostly flat and swampy in most areas. Pine thickets with hardwood strips and hollows. It all looks the same in some bigger areas, it can be easy to get turned around for some people.
Good luck and be careful.
Yes you can get turned around.... ask me .

Stumpsitter

I hunted it a lot during the mid to late nineties and early two thousand's. Killed my fair share there. Had a few nice ones get away. Yes, the deer at one time were very small, I think because of over population. It was nothing to see 18 to 20 deer a
Day sometimes more. They used to have a non quota archery hunt in December that I would never miss. Always alot of rut action and very little pressure. I believe it can be hunted now the same as statewide with a bow except during the quota hunts.
I will give you this piece of info, I have actually saw the deer (not all of them) walking through the woods looking up. Craziest thing . They knew what was up when the woods started getting disturbed.
Escape routes to thick , I mean thick stuff and you'll probably have some luck. Those places like nothing would hide in there , because it's just some high grass with a few pines and some honeysuckle , maybe next to a thicket. Get as high as you can up a tree and watch it. It will produce. Lot's of people drive by those spots.

ImThere

I've never seen many hunters. Weird
Escape routes
Hunt close to roads
Hunt close to houses.
I used to hunt a field everyone would drive right by. Around 9-10 am deer would stand up in the CRP and start moving about. It was like an alarm clock! Lol.
Let the other hunters push deer. Be ready around when they get up to leave for lunch.
I always see deer and have a good time.
Best hunt of the year was on Halloween weekend!

TN G.O.A.T Hunter

I've never seen many hunters. Weird
Escape routes
Hunt close to roads
Hunt close to houses.
I used to hunt a field everyone would drive right by. Around 9-10 am deer would stand up in the CRP and start moving about. It was like an alarm clock! Lol.
Let the other hunters push deer. Be ready around when they get up to leave for lunch.
I always see deer and have a good time.
Best hunt of the year was on Halloween weekend!
Do you hunt it during the quota hunt. That's when I would be going most likely

Rackseeker

I have lived within a few miles of it all my life and never hunted it. I have scouted it some after season, there are places out there that don't get any pressure at all. I have seen trail cam pics of several 140" bucks on property that join AEDC.

Latest posts