If you could hunt only one week

lightsareout

If you could only hunt only one week per year what week would it be; following all weapon regulations for the different seasons of course.

BSK

Due to the way the calendar is arranged, currently I get to hunt the best week only rarely (about once every 6 or 7 years). But if I could, I would always hunt the first week of November (once every 6 to 7 years, opening of MZ falls as early as Nov. 3rd).

Now if I have to stick with current season dates, the top week is always first week of MZ season.

Roost 1

Start on the 2nd Sat in Nov...unfortunately in KY that is always the rifle opener...I sure wish they would change it, so the bow hunters could actually get to hunt some rutting action. Rifles shut the rut down up here.

TN Larry

Normally, I would have said the second week of November. However, after looking at kill dates of good bucks back a month or so ago, my best week would probably have to be 11/19 - 11/25 which normally falls around the gun opener and Thanksgiving. My best dates have been 11/22 and 11/23. That is the gun opening week but has no bearing on the results as I hunt just as hard with a muzzleloader. Without looking at the dates as said above, I would have picked the second week of muzzleloader.

Plain Old Dave

Between Christmas and New Year. I get Christmas Eve and Day and New Years Eve and Day off, so less time off from work and at that point of the year I can hunt with a gun I can generally rely on to go BANG when I pull the trigger.

AT Hiker

Roost 1":lmjdftoo said:
Start on the 2nd Sat in Nov...unfortunately in KY that is always the rifle opener...I sure wish they would change it, so the bow hunters could actually get to hunt some rutting action. Rifles shut the rut down up here.

I will second that! Literally after opener the rutting vanished to nighttime.

For my part in TN Nov 3-10 seem about spot on for active seeking and chasing. Closer to Thanksgiving and things really slow down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarred525

Starting Saturday rifle opener through the following weekend has been my best time. Historically I have killed around 80% of my bucks during this timeframe.

Although the change in how muzzleloader works may push that back a week earlier.

Latest posts