I want to get a Bobcat

Anyone have any advice on where I can find public land bobcats in middle TN? Just got a foxpro call and want to get on one after deer season ends. Never hunted them before so any advice would be much appreciated!

Jcalder

Good luck. I've been fortunate to have seen as many as I have. As stated. Hunt around thick cover. And most of my sightings have been field edges. I've seen as many in the middle of the day as I have early morning. Not sure I've ever seen but maybe 1 later in the day.

backyardtndeer

Hunt where you expect to see rabbits and turkeys. I see them most often early in the mornings. Never had one come to my calling sets for coyotes, that I know of. I have heard that cats take more time to come in on calls than dogs do.

fairchaser

I usually see at least one a season from the stand and get several on my game cameras every year. I won't shoot one anymore as they are beautiful and I have two mounted. If you deer hunt in areas that hold cats, you will eventually get one.

Attachments

• 32896165-414C-4261-9878-DD3AB7DD99AD.jpeg
    32896165-414C-4261-9878-DD3AB7DD99AD.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 109

TN-Hunter

Try squirrel or woodpecker distress in hardwoods near thick cover or rabbit distress near overgrown fields. They are some keen animals, play the wind and have patients.

jwp1964

They are literally in every wood lot. I see a few every year while sitting stand. This guy wandered by while I was in my ground blind last week.

BA4588D0-806C-484F-AD03-E7557CC1ADB3.jpeg

ROVERBOY

I called one in while turkey hunting back in the Spring. And have seen 2 already during gun season. I usually see 2 or 3 a year. I killed one and got it mounted about 20 years ago. I like seeing them but, let a coyote walk through, and he might see a bad day.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I called one in while turkey hunting back in the Spring. And have seen 2 already during gun season. I usually see 2 or 3 a year. I killed one and got it mounted about 20 years ago. I like seeing them but, let a coyote walk through, and he might see a bad day.
I let the bobcats walk because I like seeing them as well. The 'yotes and armadillos not so much.

ROVERBOY

I've not seen a armadillo around here yet. I see them squashed on the road all the time though. So, it probably won't be long till I see them here.

Latest posts