I think Pruitt is done

Grandslam11

I think COVID saves a lot of coached this. James Franklin went 0-5 yesterday at Penn State. Can't imagine what their message boards are saying.
Vols are pitiful. They give up as soon as they get down.

buckaroo

JG has thrown 7 tds to the Vols and 5 to the other team and Pruitt still says he's the best we have, if it is then its on the coaches, with a team loaded with talent and this is what we have. Gray was averaging over 8 yds a carry and then dumb qb play, I can see how the team gives up

cbhunter

I'll be ok if he is let go tomorrow. But I suspect it will be sometime next year. And I'll be the first one to admit I was all in on the hire at the time. Writing is on the wall whether it's now or later

huntinkev

Hire a coach and stop the experiments. They don't want to spend the money on a big name coach but they have spent a lot more than that over the last decade, or more, on bad inexperienced coaches.

rem270

He was supposed to be y'all's saving grace. By this time y'all suspected to be at 8 win seasons. When will they figure out it's the upper management and not the coach. I feel sorry for Pruitt because he can't win on or off the field

cbhunter

He was supposed to be y'all's saving grace. By this time y'all suspected to be at 8 win seasons. When will they figure out it's the upper management and not the coach. I feel sorry for Pruitt because he can't win on or off the field
Lol nice try kid. Now ask momma to fix you a bowl of cereal

PillsburyDoughboy

Till they fire Fat Phil and clean house in upper management things won't change .

Let's get those chant's fired up . Maybe if you say it three times he suddenly appears ?

Gruden Gruden Gruden

PillsburyDoughboy

Hire a coach and stop the experiments. They don't want to spend the money on a big name coach but they have spent a lot more than that over the last decade, or more, on bad inexperienced coaches.
Honestly what big name coach would want the job ? They had a hard time talking Pruitt into the job and he was something like 19th they begged to take the job . Everyone else turned it down like a hot potato

buckaroo

Tennessee is a top 10 job, whether you like it or not. We have just sucked hiring the lead guy which is not always predictable, bama was just so so till Saban came along, actually Vols beat them 6 or so years in a row before saban, Tennessee actually has beaten bama more than any team so , yeah we just need a coach

PillsburyDoughboy

vols will have some buy out money getting freed up come February so who knows what's in store for CJP.

IMHO it takes 5 years of recruiting efforts to build the team you want . vols will be just trading down at this point for 3 years lost and probably wind up with a -500 coach when it's all said and done . I would invest at least another season and see what CJP can do with another recruiting class .

Latest posts