I think Pruitt is done

Displaced_Vol

Not time to get rid of him.
For a couple of reasons. The financials, not only cost of his buyout and the staff but that high price tag is even higher this year with revenues gashed from covid. Speaking of covid, that gives him a bit of a pass. Not a total pass but some leeway. And while yes covid has been nationwide, it has not affected every conference or program the same.
Lastly because I think he's an old school football guy who's figuring out how to be a head coach. Butch was an egomaniac. He wanted to come across as a football guy but he was more concerned with optics than doing what was necessary in recruiting and coaching. This was told to me by people from Cincinnati when he was there. CJP is a guy who has a ton of football knowledge. That's not a guarantee he's a great head football coach, but I'm willing to give him more time.
We can't keep cycling through these coaches. If this continues next season, then it is absolutely time to have the conversation. I'm not there yet.

UT is not a top 10 job. It's still a good job, but not a top 10 job. I agree wholly with the issues in the administration. I hope Fulmer will make a good AD. The ones we've had in that job recently have been horrible as well as other high up staff like chancellor.

tnanh

Till they fire Fat Phil and clean house in upper management things won't change .

Let's get those chant's fired up . Maybe if you say it three times he suddenly appears ?

Gruden Gruden Gruden
Fulmer has always been the problem. Biggest mistake they ever made was letting him coach for too long and then making him ad.

Displaced_Vol

Fulmer has always been the problem. Biggest mistake they ever made was letting him coach for too long and then making him ad.

I'm curious why y'all think this? Not being a Smart A I am genuinely asking. I was middle & high school age for the end of his tenure as HC so I wasn't as keyed in on that kind of stuff back then. He was our coach so I liked him I guess-

This reminded me I do not want Gruden. No thank you. I don't know why so many UT fans were clamoring for him.

wayne

Hire a coach and stop the experiments. They don't want to spend the money on a big name coach but they have spent a lot more than that over the last decade, or more, on bad inexperienced coaches.
Name 1 successful big name coach that has been hired other than Saban or Meyer? They tried to hire Mullen for more money than he's getting at UF but he already had ties with Florida. It's not always about money.

wayne

If JG is a program destroyer but the HC is still putting him in, who really is the program destroyer?
Chaney didn't want Bailey. Weak arm and not mobile. He wanted Haynes King. Shrout was brought in by Helton. Helton didn't want Penix. Maurer was always a project, to be a body in the qb room.
I think they should talk to Adrian Martinez about a transfer.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
All I know is I have watched TN football for over 30 years and geranamo is the absolute worst quarterback I have ever seen play for them.

PillsburyDoughboy

All I know is I have watched TN football for over 30 years and geranamo is the absolute worst quarterback I have ever seen play for them.
What about 2005 with Rick Clausen. That has to be a painful memory you have blocked ?
[h4][/h4]

7mm08

If JG is a program destroyer but the HC is still putting him in, who really is the program destroyer?
Well there are younger more inexperienced QB's on that team....... if a QB or even an employee is making the same mistakes after 5 years it's time for them to go!!!

TreyB

Well there are younger more inexperienced QB's on that team....... if a QB or even an employee is making the same mistakes after 5 years it's time for them to go!!!
Tell the head coach that. Not the qb fault

TreyB

Chaney didn't want Bailey. Weak arm and not mobile. He wanted Haynes King. Shrout was brought in by Helton. Helton didn't want Penix. Maurer was always a project, to be a body in the qb room.
I think they should talk to Adrian Martinez about a transfer.
Penix is a stud. If Chaney didn't want Bailey, he needs to go!

PillsburyDoughboy

Attachments

• FF4C00EA-8560-4986-91FE-5FB4D09490AD.jpeg
    FF4C00EA-8560-4986-91FE-5FB4D09490AD.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 81

wayne

Penix is a stud. If Chaney didn't want Bailey, he needs to go!
I don't know. I've heard his deep ball is about 40-43 yards. And he's not very accurate 20 and beyond. And I had high his for him, but I'm starting to lose faith.

Latest posts