I shot myself

DaveTN

i1y6D4Y.gif

Okay, that's an exaggeration. šŸ¤£ But my friends and family had a "Range Day" get together. I had a new red dot on an M&P I wanted to use as a target gun. I was shooting at a metal plate rack and wasn't getting on target, so I moved in closer. I was shooting 9mm WWB, so it didn't have enough power to knock to plate over.

I felt a sharp pain in my gut. It left a small mark, but I'll live.
qu5ulRQ.gif

Lt.Dan

i1y6D4Y.gif

Okay, that's an exaggeration. šŸ¤£ But my friends and family had a "Range Day" get together. I had a new red dot on an M&P I wanted to use as a target gun. I was shooting at a metal plate rack and wasn't getting on target, so I moved in closer. I was shooting 9mm WWB, so it didn't have enough power to knock to plate over.

qu5ulRQ.gif
Many moons ago, when I was kid, I was shooting at a frozen drainage ditch trying to see how this the ice was. I fell through the in this ditch once before, it was a deep ditch, over my head. Anyway, I thought hey, shoot a hole in it to see how thick the ice was. After the 9th or 10th round, a ricochet hit me in the lip. It hurt. Never did that again. Oh, I lived also šŸ˜† šŸ¤£ šŸ˜‚

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I was shooting with a friend who had loaded up some really light 38 spl for his girl friend to shoot. We were taking turns shooting out behind his barn. I was standing there watching her shoot and saw him put his hand to his chest, look at his hand and then put something in his pocket. I asked him later about it. That 38 was so light one of the bullets had bounced back from the plywood target she was shooting and hit him in the chest. He didn't tell her because he didn't want her to be afraid to shoot.

Last edited:

themanpcl

i1y6D4Y.gif

qu5ulRQ.gif
My brother and I were at Cheatham and some guys who play way too many video games and have more .223/ 5.56 ammo to waste than normal humans set up a few steel targets set at about 15 yds on the 25 yd range. We were to the left of them on the 100 yd lanes and they were firing as many as they could and pinging the metal targets. All of a sudden my brother got tagged in the shirt by part of a round. Scared the yugo out of me as it passed in front of me to hit him. Not a huge fan of that practice but its a public range and unsupervised so....

knightrider

My brother and I were at Cheatham and some guys who play way too many video games and have more .223/ 5.56 ammo to waste than normal humans set up a few steel targets set at about 15 yds on the 25 yd range. We were to the left of them on the 100 yd lanes and they were firing as many as they could and pinging the metal targets. All of a sudden my brother got tagged in the shirt by part of a round. Scared the **** out of me as it passed in front of me to hit him. Not a huge fan of that practice but its a public range and unsupervised so....
And they woulve learned a public range lesson!

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
My brother and I were at Cheatham and some guys who play way too many video games and have more .223/ 5.56 ammo to waste than normal humans set up a few steel targets set at about 15 yds on the 25 yd range. We were to the left of them on the 100 yd lanes and they were firing as many as they could and pinging the metal targets. All of a sudden my brother got tagged in the shirt by part of a round. Scared the **** out of me as it passed in front of me to hit him. Not a huge fan of that practice but its a public range and unsupervised so....
I avoid the public range for things like that. Was on the line once at a membership range that has a range master and some woman just starts walking downrange while everybody is shooting to reset her target that fell over. I called cease fire and packed up and went home.

themanpcl

I avoid the public range for things like that. Was on the line once at a membership range that has a range master and some woman just starts walking downrange while everybody is shooting to reset her target that fell over. I called cease fire and packed up and went home.
I'm a Range Safety Officer and it pains me to go there but I have nowhere else to sight it at 100.

agelessssone

I shot a 12g 6 shot with a bb gun at about 10', took 3-5 shots to hit the center, hull came back hit me in the stomach, hurt bad and was afraid to look lmao, nice red spot, stupid stuff growing up its a wonder I made it
LOL, I did the exact same thing at 12 years old.
But I got hit right above my right tit with the primer. Burned like a SOB. Left a perfect circle scar for many years.
Live and learn. Lucky some of the things I did just left small scars and not life threatening endings, like smoking inside a hay fort inside a barn.

Latest posts