I seen on another post

Bone Collector

where some people told someone to save the Ladino and plant it this fall. I put some in in Feb/March and it is starting to come up.

Would it be smart to put some more down in the fall? of course I guess i should mention I don;t have any equipment, so I would be just trying to fill in spots by breaking the ground and throwing seed.

If I wanted to seed a bigger area in the fall would i need a disc, and something to push the seed into the ground?

Hunter 257W

I prefer February for clover planting because you don't have as much risk of drought. But yes you can plant in September and get good results. A couple years ago I did just that though and it didn't rain the whole month of October and I didn't hardly get anything coming up that I could see.

Hunter 257W

It also depends on the place you are planting. I have one real low clover patch that I have to seed in the Fall because you will get stuck if you try to get in there before mid May.

bbuck14

Planting it in the fall gives the plant more time to grow deeper roots. In return it'll make it more drought tolerant. Only problem I've had planting in the spring besides it being wet is the roots don't have time to grow enough and the clover has a better chance of burning up then that being planted in the fall. Also its alot of work and expense putting in a food plot to have to re-do it again. But thats just the way I've been doing mine.

Latest posts