I LET THEM WALK

mike52

Birds are not talking where I hunt is as quite a church mouse. Nothing as of three days. Yesterday morning about 38 degrees I heard a hen ,and soon after she flew down beside me . Im thinking Gold mine here they come. And they did come out of the woods 2 hens first then 4 jakes. I am Not a meat hunter but ,Temptations rise but I will not shoot a jake . Had joy watching them walk away

PalsPal

I would've done the same, but my 82 yr old dad and 85 yr old friend who loves to turkey hunt would laugh and shake their heads at the thought of not shooting one.

themanpcl

If if you are a 'meat hunter' you should just buy turkey at the store for .49c a pound. Killing jakes is almost as bad biologically for the flock as shooting bearded hens. Good on you, I hope next year those 4 jakes come blasting in gobbling nonstop for you next year as 2yos!
Watched the same 3 jakes on cam for last 2 yrs. Went from about 2" in 2021 to 5" in 2022. This year all 3 have 10"+ beards and are BIG. Let 'em grow. They also have brought 4 others on the lease for me too...lol... Hoping to get one this year.

Latest posts