Anybody roosting them this evening?

PalsPal

Taking dad in the morning to a friends place. Dad's mobility is limited.

Checked Wed morning, and there were 2 gobbling fairly close and easily accessible.

Checked this morning, and they were further back quite a bit.

I'm going to try to roost them this evening, so I can figure exactly where we need to be in the morning, but I've never been very successful. However, I haven't done it a lot.

And I know roasted ain't roasted, but I need to try to stack as many odds in our favor as possible.

CHRIS WILSON

Been out the last couple of mornings. With the area I'm planning to be in tomorrow, the birds have been pretty consistent in where they've been roosting. We'll see if they stick to their routine in the morning.

Tennessee280

My buddy leases 25 acres at the top of my street to deer hunt.. Never saw any toms on camera until this year for some reason, sent me some pics of 4 nice strutters up there about 3 weeks ago.. Camera has been dead so I went up there and listened this morning just to be sure.. Yup, they were roosted on the hillside right behind the camera.. Hopefully I can get one to come play in the morning

30-06 type of guy

Nah. Had one roosted for juvi opener and he didn't gobble or show last Saturday. Went back Sunday where all the other birds were Saturday and was successful. Yesterday morning they gobbled in the same spot but this morning only one bird gobbled on opposite side of field. They're there so not really worried about it just hoping nobody interrupts.

Rakkin6

Nope, I have to work from 1900 until 2300. Getting up at 0300 to hit the woods. Might play a little sick to try to get out of work early to get some more sleep lol. Don't judge me

Hymie3

Went to my place Thursday afternoon. They were strutting at 4:00 still. Don't have one treed bit a good idea. Good luck everyone. Be safe

Latest posts