I killed a monster this morning

Smoke

It got a little wild this morning. Had 4 jakes and a gobbler in front of me hammering. Had at least 3 other gobblers responding and heading my direction. Another gobbler got in the mix so I had 2 longbeards chasing the jakes around. Finally got a clear shot on the one with the better beard and he rolled off in the creek. Knew as soon as I picked him up he was a toad. I wouldn't have believed the numbers if I didn't see them and me and Dad both checked and double checked. 25lbs 14oz, 14 1/4" beard and 1 1/2" spurs.
24499.jpeg

Bell3wv

It got a little wild this morning. Had 4 jakes and a gobbler in front of me hammering. Had at least 3 other gobblers responding and heading my direction. Another gobbler got in the mix so I had 2 longbeards chasing the jakes around. Finally got a clear shot on the one with the better beard and he rolled off in the creek. Knew as soon as I picked him up he was a toad. I wouldn't have believed the numbers if I didn't see them and me and Dad both checked and double checked. 25lbs 14oz, 14 1/4" beard and 1 1/2" spurs.
View attachment 134720
Wring him out and see what he weighs 🤣

megalomaniac

28 is possible... but insanely rare.

I've killed 2 that were at or just above 26.

Strangely enough, our biggest bird this year was 23.1lbs... and he was a 2yo.

Congrats on a huge bird!

Joe2Kool

Dang! That thing is a tank! Congrats!

I hunted one a few years ago I called Pumpkin Head. Looks like you got him! He was easily 6" taller than all the others but I never got him in range.

Congrats again!

Latest posts