I jumped the gun

Crappie Luck

Staff member
I put out 1/2 my seed before the last rain and then I put out 1/2 the rest when they were calling for more. The whole system stayed south. I have some wheat coming up, but most of my seed is packed into gorund that is now dry. I really needed that rain.

Wheat is cheap. I guess if it don't come up in the next couple weeks I'll just put some more out before a good rain. Problem is, I can't cultipack now that the frist sowing is coming up. I sure hope the clover I put in with it fills the holes

:(

7mm08

CL,
Mine set 2 1/2 weeks without the rain that was promised. Turkeys ravaged my plots, mostly the wheat, but the clover hung in there and after the last 2 rains we got here it looks great. Turns out the turkeys don't see every bit of wheat and they can't see the clover. Hang in there for rain.

TREETOPPER

went & did mine last thur,they were calling for rain thur night&70%rain on fri.put out wheat,clover,rape,turnip&rye grass got 0.25 inches of rain thur night & 00000 fri rain stayed to the south.whats done is done just hope for the best.

BSK

Nature is an amazing process. The viability of seed over long periods of drought never ceases to amaze me. I mowed, sprayed and broadcast buckwheat seed into my plots in mid-July. We did not receive a drop of rain from July 4th until early September. Yet about half of the buckwheat seed I broadcast germinated with that early September rain. The seed had been lying on top the ground, uncovered through the hottest, driest 2 months in recorded history, yet it was still viable. The turkeys ate the other half of the seed.

Boone 58

I just hope the fall brings regular rain....
I am concerned about the "vacumn" over Tennessee where we just dont get any substantial rain fronts from the gulf. Hopefully there is change coming. Most of the serious heat has left, bring on the moisture!!

skynimrod

I held off planting waiting for moisture in the dirt.
Looks like possibably some showers this week, and next sunday, tues, wed, thurs calls for rain. I'm planting next sunday
Der, red & arrow clover, wheat
Let there be some dog gum Rain

Polecat

I'm reseeding tomorrow. Our plots are in pretty rough shape and deff need it. Hopefuly there'll be some rain this week and perhaps next. With any luck I can get the seed out tomorrow and it'll get some rain on it sometime between Tues and Friday and agin next week.

Latest posts