i find alot of these ,, why ?

JIMMYJAMES

okay rock hounds ,, i have a question , when i am lookin ,i seem to always found alot of these type artifacts ,, it seems to be a knife , or blade type tool ,, and always with them is a palm size scrapper ,, thumb scrapper , .. but the good arrowheads ,, are few and far between ,, is this a hunting area , where they have killed a animal ,, and repeatidly broke it and made others ,,, .i live on a old indian camp ,,and there are just shards and pieces of all kinds of pottery every where ,, where are the good arrowheads ?? if i could post a pic ,id be glad to show my finds ,

scope eye

Whole heads are hard to find for a number of reasons i.e. picked over, tractors ect.
But what you have to ask yourself is, Why would a Native American leave a whole head on the ground in the first place??
Only 2 answers: Some type a burial or
He missed and could not find his arrow!!

Chaneylake

scope eye said:
Whole heads are hard to find for a number of reasons i.e. picked over, tractors ect.
But what you have to ask yourself is, Why would a Native American leave a whole head on the ground in the first place??
Only 2 answers: Some type a burial or
He missed and could not find his arrow!!

the point could have ended upon the ground because it did not suit his needs, no more than throwing a bent nail in the garbage

JIMMYJAMES

thanks for the input guys .. i figure the same thing ,,they wouldnt leave the goods ones the ground ,,and i can tell where they hunted and where they camped , i find my best ones where they hunted ,, like you said ,,there were misses ,and lost arrows. ..but usally where they killed a animal ,there will be a lot of scrappers,, and in a camp site .i find everything ,tons of shards,broke pottery ,, and also could it be that when the trail of tears came,and were told to leave, they wouldnt want to take heavy items ,like pottery , so could it be they just broke it all and left it ,so the white man ,couldnt use it ,or sell it ,,??

Huntaholic

Did you ever stop to think that they made mistakes too!? Ive watched that same flint knapper I spoke of in the other thread break heads while in the shaping process. He did what Im sure the native Americans did, he tossed the broken pieces away and started again!

Chris Tripp

JIMMYJAMES said:
thanks for the input guys .. i figure the same thing ,,they wouldnt leave the goods ones the ground ,,and i can tell where they hunted and where they camped , i find my best ones where they hunted ,, like you said ,,there were misses ,and lost arrows. ..but usally where they killed a animal ,there will be a lot of scrappers,, and in a camp site .i find everything ,tons of shards,broke pottery ,, and also could it be that when the trail of tears came,and were told to leave, they wouldnt want to take heavy items ,like pottery , so could it be they just broke it all and left it ,so the white man ,couldnt use it ,or sell it ,,??

Most of the artifacts you are finding are most likely predated to white man ever being here.

JIMMYJAMES

i dont know when they started making pottery , but i find alot of it ,in the same places i find everything else ,, all broken pieces , with designs made with hemp cord all on the outsides ,, not something that came from wal-mart im sure..lol

Latest posts