HUNTR podcast- Big Ohio buck with A TN connection

double browtine

Good info; what I read and watched made it sound like the DA's property was bordering the property he claimed to have hunted
That is what I thought too. I was thinking his sisters property was next to the DA's property. Didn't know it was 10 miles away. But a deer can move several miles in a few days time especially if he's after a doe. And then leaves her and gets after another doe and just keeps going. Then gets tired and starts to hang in a new area 10 miles from where he started.
I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with the investigation.

bowhunter163

That is what I thought too. I was thinking his sisters property was next to the DA's property. Didn't know it was 10 miles away. But a deer can move several miles in a few days time especially if he's after a doe. And then leaves her and gets after another doe and just keeps going. Then gets tired and starts to hang in a new area 10 miles from where he started.
I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with the investigation.
The trail cam pictures around the same time of the "harvest" 10+ miles away from the "harvest location" is the problem I believe.

Jcalder

The trail cam pictures around the same time of the "harvest" 10+ miles away from the "harvest location" is the problem I believe.
Unless it's just not feasible by time, 10 miles could be doable. I think it's probably stretching it, but doable, unless someone had pictures of it say an hour before he claimed to have shot it. A day or 2 before wouldn't be anything

bowhunter163

Unless it's just not feasible by time, 10 miles could be doable. I think it's probably stretching it, but doable, unless someone had pictures of it say an hour before he claimed to have shot it. A day or 2 before wouldn't be anything
The one that I saw get posted 3 days ago was the same evening he admits to shooting it. Now, that picture was removed off of the acquaintances Facebook page I saw it on within 30 minutes of it getting posted, but it was on there for sure and unless it was an altered photo(which is 100% possible these days) then he didn't kill it where or when he said he did. I have been following it very closely after I accidentally stumbled upon this info. Lol I just find it strange to think that photo wasn't legit and then it officially gets announced yesterday…

Jcalder

The one that I saw get posted 3 days ago was the same evening he admits to shooting it. Now, that picture was removed off of the acquaintances Facebook page I saw it on within 30 minutes of it getting posted, but it was on there for sure and unless it was an altered photo(which is 100% possible these days) then he didn't kill it where or when he said he did. I have been following it very closely after I accidentally stumbled upon this info. Lol I just find it strange to think that photo wasn't legit and then it officially gets announced yesterday…
For sure. I'm sure there's a lot to it. I wouldn't lie to the GW about where I killed it, but I sure would to everyone else lol. As stated, everyone be crowding you if they found out.

TRHC

The deer partially lived inside a city that doesn't allow hunting at all, and then ventured out during November to the properties bordering the city. Apparently was very well known in that city, im surprised seek one wasn't hunting it 😂
I could be wrong, but seems like I watched a video linked here where the seek one guy was basically asking the public if they'd hunt such a deer, a potential record deer they'd found that lived in a no hunting city most of the year, but ventured out during the rut. Coincidence?

bowhunter163

I could be wrong, but seems like I watched a video linked here where the seek one guy was basically asking the public if they'd hunt such a deer, a potential record deer they'd found that lived in a no hunting city most of the year, but ventured out during the rut. Coincidence?
I do remember them saying something about that. And then they mentioned that a few other people were already hunting the areas?

Edited*** I went and watched that video. He says that deer is located in a non bait state which would rule out Ohio. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

lafn96

I thought that was the 200"+ one in the homeless camp?

TRHC

I thought that was the 200"+ one in the homeless camp?
No, I went back and watched it again too. He was talking about a potential typical world record. And as bowhunter163 pointed out, he does say it's in a non baiting state. So…….must've been talking about a different deer. Maybe 🤔

Ski

If I had a buck on camera on my property at say 5:30pm and find out that the same buck was tagged 10 miles away the same day or day before then I'd be calling the warden and giving them my trail cam photos. Doesn't matter if the guy is a DA or supreme court justice or gas station clerk. He reported suspicious activity and the wardens followed up on the lead. Apparently they didn't feel they got truthful answers or else they'd have not opened an official investigation and confiscated the rack.

Latest posts